1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Portland Oregon area Scam Artist Busted! Warwick Dolphin 5 String - FOUND!

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by MaddAnthony_59, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Ebay doesn't need solid proof: they can ban his account for violating their terms of service. There is zero legal requirement preventing Ebay from taking action to protect their legitimate users.

Novarocker and porterbass like this.
  2. I wanted to jump in to say I am the current owner of this bass. I bought it from TalkBass member lamarjones a couple years ago. He's a stand-up guy and gave me the full history on the bass before I bought it. Regardless of the pass BS this bass went through, it's an astounding instrument!

I just didn't want the trail of this bass to lead into a dead end in case anyone is looking for it.

Stewart13, carl h. and MoonDoggy like this.
  3. Stewart13

Stewart13 Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2016
    Bend, Oregon
    Killer! Would love to see some current pics

4. 9c1ny

9c1ny Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2008
    still at it.
    This bass was supposedly " stolen " in shipping a few months back

same phone # as the one in post #81 Screenshot_20200608-145611_Chrome.jpg

5. 9c1ny

9c1ny Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2008
    20200608_150726.jpg 20200608_150726.jpg

Novarocker likes this.
  6. Stewart13

Jan 8, 2016
    Bend, Oregon
  7. He has now changed his name on Facebook to Dean Walker based on the FB link a few pages back

9c1ny likes this.
  8. Stewart13

Jan 8, 2016
    Bend, Oregon
    I own this now :D B056E51A-DFF9-418D-A8F1-88FF9FEF9FE1.jpeg

9. Juan Lauda

Juan Lauda

Sep 14, 2008
    Sydney
    I’ve just read this topic from go to woe. Despite the publishing of his name and identifying details, has he never been successfully prosecuted for his actions? I have a feeling that if he were in Australia and trying this kind of malarkey through our local forum, he would have received a visit from a few fellow members. He might be only able to play with a pick by now.

Just saying. Peace out.

10. dirkhh

dirkhh

Jan 24, 2021
    Portland, OR
    100% positive feedback in the last 12 months... that's... weird given all the very credible stories here.

11. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Are those mainly purchases? Wait, can sellers even leave feedback for buyers anymore on eBay?

12. dirkhh

dirkhh

Jan 24, 2021
    Portland, OR
    It's been so long that I sold anything on ebay... no idea. Typically scammers always try to scam. That's why I was surprised that he had so much positive feedback. I mean, 41 transactions a year shows a rather significant amount of engagement... something doesn't add up.

13. Stewart13

Jan 8, 2016
    Bend, Oregon
    I have no idea how this dude hasn’t been caught or held accountable for his actions. Old crotchety guy who’s in total denial yet still pulls this scam plain as day.

14. porterbass

porterbass Supporting Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Chicago
    A seller can no longer leave negative feedback for a buyer on eBay...It's been like that for a number of years.

If you click on "Feedback Left for Others" in his feedback profile, you can see all of the nonsense he has pulled with the consisent negative comments and feedback he's left for sellers, including 2 the past 6 months. It doesn't appear he's stopped his scam.

15. etherealme

etherealme Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Louisiana
    For Sale - 1999 Warwick Dolphin 5 Birdseye Maple

123321 likes this.
  16. /\/\3phist0

/\/\3phist0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) mmm Woody! Supporting Member

Stewart13 likes this.
  17. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021