1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Portrait of Tracy final harmonic

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by GerardoRicc, May 2, 2019.

1. z65

z65

Dec 12, 2007
    Europe
    Jaco recorded it with his 1960 fretted jazz bass :) i agree with You about a higher quality bass, i have a pre cbs 62 jazz and the harmonics come out beautifully even with dead old strings ... i made a test with a set of r.w. Dean Markley 45/105 that i had on a cheaper bass for more than six years

Smooth_bass88 likes this.
  2. Smooth_bass88

Smooth_bass88 vaxx! Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2006
    North AMERICA, USA
    I also have pre cbs 1962 Jazz, slab board. It definitely the portrait of Tracy thing beautifully.

3. z65

z65

Dec 12, 2007
    Europe
    yes, mine is a slab board too. i dig slab board more for a fretted bass, but Jaco was absolutely right to have a fretless out of a veneer board ;-)

Smooth_bass88 likes this.
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 13, 2021