Portrait of Tracy Sheet Music

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Osama_Spears, Aug 31, 2003.

1. I searched everywhere...and I can't seem to find PoT(Jaco Pastorius) sheet music anywhere(for free of course)

Can someone help me?

Oh yeah...it'd help if it was accurate,thanks:)

EDIT: thanks moley.
  2. Hey Jon, that transcription is mostly accurate, but there are a bunch of mistakes, just AIM me or whatever, and I can help you out!

A big shout out to WR for helping me out on this piece a LOT the past summer!!!:D
  3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

4. The sheet music...

5. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    there`s a tablature forum dude
  6. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    and why the heck are you asking for sheet music if you cant read it?? :confused:
  7. I don't think he can read Treble clef just yet.
  8. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    well, he should have know that the song deals with harmonics (trebble clef) and a bass line (bass clef)...

anyways... with a tab and some directions by WR and microbass he can handle it :)
  9. Micro and WR have both been a huge help to me...I can read bass clef (just learning) but treble I dunno the note structure...so I couldn't read that...

I'm sorry...I should just die...im so stupid:bawl:
  10. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    oh come on, it`s never too late for learning!

*afterschool special ends*
  11. I was kidding...kind of:)

Dun worry...im getting lessons really soon *excited* I havent been playing long either...

*shrug* Im in a Jazz/Jaco/Fretless "Groove" at the moment

Continuum has gotten me:)
  12. I tabbed it out PERFECTLY from the Jaco sheet music book I got.."The Essential Jaco" for Obsolex...it is floating as a document now on my comp

it doesn't transpose well to other people's word processers for some weird reason, if you'd like I can fax it to you...
  13. IM me on AIM or PM me if you'd like to do that...I can walk you through it as well, I walked Obsolex through the parts he didn't understand...
  14. Jon, ya know how the first C(5th Fret, G string(teehee..)) that is one ledger line above the staff?

This is known as middle C. The next whole note is D, in which, would have the same position on the treble cleff as the low F on the bass clef, right?

From there you can figure the notes out; E sits on the first line, F in it, and so on!

there's a good webby, that explains the notes of the clef's.

g'luck and just ding me if you a hand.. :)
  15. i never new harmonics were written in treble clef..i did this peice and they wrote harmonics still in bass clef but instead of circle as the notes they had diamonds
  16. moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Never seen it spelt like that before. Congratulations, you've invented a new misspelling of Pastorius ;)
  17. I can read sheet music, just crappily, and slowly:( :bawl:
  18. Sorry...I always think of Pastorius--Pastry(hehe)

I'll change it. thanks for not flaming me:)