1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  


Discussion in 'Ask Michael Dimin' started by Grunger, Apr 17, 2005.

  1. I posted this thing in manring's forum and nobody answered me because i apparently posted it in the wrong forum...However,i think that here i might find some answers,so here it is:

    My dad who is an experienced bassist gave me these things to learn...He calls them positions and i will try to tab them but he said that they can be played anywhere...

    1st position


    I am saying it again,they can be played anywhere,this is just an example of it

    2nd positon


    and third(played on 5 frets)


    I belive that he mistaken the name of these 'positions' and if there is any other name for them,please help!

    He also mentioned that anything that is written or played ever can be done in these positions...
    Please use simple language in explaining,i'm complete begginer
  2. Mike Dimin

    Mike Dimin Banned

    Dec 11, 1999
    Your Dad is on the right track. As I see it there are 5 fingering forms on the bass, I use the term Scale Form for each of these.

    There is a lengthy thread here that explains a great deal:


    Look through this and see if it helps

  3. Thanks!!!I've learned all of them,but i don't have enough time right now,so i'll read the topic later...I just wanted to make sure if i'm doing right thing :) :)

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.