Positive customer service from G-K

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by hammong, Apr 13, 2001.

1. YES

5 vote(s)
  2. NO

2 vote(s)
  3. Never need to call them.

2 vote(s)
  4. Don't own G-K stuff. Don't know!

3 vote(s)
  1. hammong

Apr 11, 2001
    Sparks, Maryland
    Before buying my new G-K 1001RB/210 amp combo cabinet, I read numerous reports both good and bad about G-K's customer service (mainly bad). When I got my new amp home, I noticed that one of the reinforcement plastic cabinet corners was cracked. I fired off an e-mail to service@gallien.com yesterday, not really expecting to get a fast response. Wow! I got a reply from them this morning saying "Thanks for taking care of this yourself, we'll send you some front AND back corners just in case any of them break in the future."

I call that customer service!

BTW: I've had the amp now for a day, and I LOVE it. I compared it against the SWR Redheads, Workingman, Ampeg combos, Rolands, and Fenders - and I thought the 1001RB/210 was the best mix of power and sound for me. I have a Peavey 18" Black Widow cabinet that I can jack into the back of the 1001RB for more depth if I need it, but I don't think I'm gonna need it for a while! :)

2. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I own a GK 1001rb head. I run two Eden 2-10 cabs with it. Great tone, volume, headroom, etc. I was impressed with the low end, alot more low hz than the 800rb. it almost sounds like a tube amp.

Prior to buying this amp, I've used an 800rb for 10 years. 6 years ago, it fell 5 feet unto a concrete loading dock. The fall left a 1/4 ding in it. Can you believe it worked just fine after the fall. It has never been to the repair shop ever. It's my practice amp and back up amp now.

I respect the quality and tone of SVTs, SWRs, etc., but I am very happy with my GKs.

I have read the negative comments by others. I guees maybe I've been lucky.
  3. I have worked in a repair shop and one of my jobs was to call manufacturers and get schematics and parts lists and GK was one of the most helpful and the quickest to deliver &.even though we were not a warranty service center we would often get the parts at no cost and occasionally a check for the repairs.
  4. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Now, if they actually send 'em, you've got something to crow about! Talk is cheap. ;-)