1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Positive Customer Service

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by SLO Surfer, Feb 23, 2018.

1. SLO Surfer

SLO Surfer Supporting Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Morro Bay, CA
    I've been blown away by a few customer service experiences over the past year or so, and want to see what other companies are going above and beyond for us bass people. What companies have given you great customer service? Let's please keep it positive experiences only. There's plenty of negative experiences already here.

2. SLO Surfer

SLO Surfer Supporting Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Morro Bay, CA
    Fender: I emailed customer service about a missing hex-type nut on the bottom of a tuning machine for my 2012 American Standard Precision I bought used off ebay. Within three days I had the part (which they don't make anymore) in my mail box, free of charge.

Keeley: Emailed customer service about the lights not working and distorted sound coming from my Bassist Limiting Amplifier pedal, which I bought used here and was out of warranty. Since he though it was a power jack problem, and they warranty their power jacks for a lifetime, they fixed it (and replaced the pots while they were at it!) all for FREE within a week.

Gallien Krueger: Emailed Jason at customer service about low volume and distorted/crackly sound on my MB Fusion 800, which was under warranty. Within one week Jason got the micro-fuse fixed and shipped back to me for free.

Jorg Shroeder: Jorg worked with my needs and requests to build me a custom cab, but I didn't like it once I got it and used it on two gigs. He took my feedback and built me a new cab after I sent the first one back. The new cab usually goes for about a couple hundred dollars more than the first one I didn't like, but he sent me the new one without any extra charge. This was, according to him, to keep me happy.

I think that's it for me...

GregC and kobass like this.
  3. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    Ernie Ball
    Amazon
    Musiciansfriend
    Hipshot
    Warwick

All have been totally awesome with me. There are more, but those are the first that came to mind.

the harp unstrung and SLO Surfer like this.
  4. gbrooding

gbrooding Supporting Member

Dec 22, 2011
    Mesa Boogie has been awesome! I've dropped by the plant with a repair and 3 hours later it's fixed and ready to go. Went and had lunch and killed some time before my gig, and then went back to pick it up. Very nice folks!

Studio Slips were fantastic to work with. They were quick, courteous, affordable, and the quality is great.

kobass and SLO Surfer like this.
  5. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    Lego: When our son was younger he had a set he was putting together (I was helping) and we discovered that a piece was missing. We got on their web site, entered the piece number, and two days later it arrived in our mailbox. Wow!

6. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    the Cali Intergalctic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
    Thread is in Miscellaneous so I suspect music related vendors are the intended targets. Could be wrong. :whistle:

Giffro and Killed_by_Death like this.
  7. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    67d796c7478728eaed5d258c7abf7494.
    So, what are you saying? ;)

Giffro, Deak, BurnOut and 2 others like this.
  8. grimjim

grimjim

Jan 26, 2014
    Chicago, Illinois
    Endorsing artist;DNA Amplification, GHS strings
    SKB
    Had a rack case that the lids would fall off of. I bought it like 20 years ago. Contacted customer service on line and asked if there was a fix for it. They asked for my info and sent me a new set of latches, no charge and no questions asked.

9. the harp unstrung

the harp unstrung What would Fred Rogers do? Gold Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2014
    On The Bus
    N.A.
    ...mailed a Snark tuner back to them...it just wouldn’t work.
    I told them that they had a choice to make...they could send me another, or I’d go and buy another...:)
    They sent me 2, and Happy Christmas notes from 3 of the folk who work(ed) in Customer Service.

I swear...if I ever have enough money to invest in Stock, I will buy shares in Snark! :thumbsup:

10. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    Three years or so ago, I got my first MONO gig bag, a Vertigo. After using it happily for a year, I emailed MONO customer service with my impressions, and a couple of suggestions. One of them concerned the adjustment buckles for the shoulder straps, where I felt the design could use an overhaul, as they kept slipping a little over time.

I got a very prompt response from Jennifer in Customer Service, thanking me for my input. Regarding the buckles, she said they weren’t supposed to slip, and asked for some photos, so they could determine whether or not it was a warranty issue.

I snapped some photos which I emailed across, and two days later I had an email from Jennifer who said that they had determined that it was indeed a warranty issue, and that they’d notified the Norwegian distributor, who had a replacement waiting for me at my local music store. The next day, I exchanged my old Vertigo for a new one.

In retrospect, I still think that the buckle design could be better, but hats off to MONO for standing behing their product, and going the extra mile.

11. BassGuyFL

BassGuyFL Formerly known as RichardCranium Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Boynton Bch FL
    Recently had a great experience with Mono cases. Almost 2 years ago I had bought a Sleeve case and the zipper on the inside pocket broke. I emailed them with all the information they requested because they have a lifetime warranty. It was to determine it was a warranty issue they shipped me a brand-new case for no charge plus also a return label to send the old one back. Couldn't have been better if they tried I'm very happy with their service. I proceeded to go out and buy the Mono double case as well so they now have a customer for life.

Deak, Spidey2112, GregC and 1 other person like this.
  12. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    Me too. I now have a Vertigo, an M80, and two Ticks. The products are great, and the customer service is stellar.

SLO Surfer likes this.
  13. Jim Kernan

Jim Kernan

Sep 25, 2008
    NEPA
    PRA Audio. Replaced a cable very quickly.

SLO Surfer likes this.
  14. mrcbass

mrcbass

Jan 14, 2016
    Sacramento, CA
    Hard to beat Sweetwater for customer service. They really never fail to take care you if t's all possible. Recent example: Got a new pedal last month, that worked fine for about a month and then it just failed - actually killed my whole pedal train for a minute. It's a BOSS pedal and I wasn't using their power supply. (Power supply is 9V center neg as required) I included that information when I contacted them when it died because I didn't want to replace it with another BOSS pedal if I couldn't use my 9V source with multiple leads with a BOSS pedal. They sent me a pre-paid return shipping label and are replacing the pedal - they could have easily said "sorry, you blew it", but did not.

This is not the first time they've stepped up for me, and I've heard similar stories form others. I only wish they had a brick and mortar near me so I could try stuff without shipping....

15. mmon77

mmon77 Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2008
    Southern MN
    Rondo Music - I ordered the bass in my profile pic to try out fretless. Bass I got had a manufacturing defect concerning the bridge rout. I had told them I really liked the bass otherwise. They looked at the others in stock and they all had the same defect. I sent it back to them, and they repaired the defect, and covered shipping both ways. They were a pleasure to deal with.

The only bad thing is I've been cruising their website ever since, trying to avoid the temptation to buy more basses.

the harp unstrung and SLO Surfer like this.
  16. klejst

klejst

Oct 5, 2010
    Nebraska
    MusiciansFriend, Sweetwater and even Guitar Center n my experiences so far.

17. Giffro

Giffro

Apr 29, 2017
    South Australia
    Peavey were exceptional answering my queries about my '91 Dyna Bass and offered any help regarding my MKIV head for replacement parts. Amazing Customer Service considering I live in Australia.
    Also The Bass Centre in Melbourne Victoria. Great helpful people. Thanks Guy and team.

18. the harp unstrung

the harp unstrung What would Fred Rogers do? Gold Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2014
    On The Bus
    N.A.
    Peavey, for sure!
    ...Autumn, 1991?2?...
    I bought a T-Max...a Wonderful working-man’s amp...
    Just weeks later it simply stopped working through the Tube pre-amp.
    The shop I bought it from was in touch with Meridan...
    The Next Day, I get a call from Peavey, apologizing (not for the problem with my amp, but) for their assembly line being down for the annual ‘upgrade retooling’...
    They’ve already set up the loner through my guy.
    ‘Would it be OK if we ship you next year’s T-Max? It’ll be on your porch in 3 weeks.’...and Damned if it wasn’t!

That’s the kind of customer service folks still talk about 25 years later. :thumbsup:

19. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    +1 for Keeley, GK, and Sweetwater...

... alright, already... +3, then.

SLO Surfer and the harp unstrung like this.
  20. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Bass San Diego, Jim Bergantino, SKB, Mike Lull.

SLO Surfer likes this.