1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

possessed phones?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by shadowtippy, Mar 30, 2015.

1. My cell phone has decided to call itself. On two separate occasions, a few days apart, my cell phone rang and the caller ID showed my number. If I dail my number, it goes to my messages and does not ring. Not to be out done, my land line called itself. That has only happened once, so far. Any ideas why, or how, this happens?

2. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    :nailbiting: SAME HERE!!!
    my iphone 6 calls people at random, surfs the webs, & starts Apps. it must need a System Restore. all i do is turn it on and its on Ghost Mode. it's like the touch screen is recalling my taps and trying to retrace its steps.

3. peterkidd

peterkidd

Oct 20, 2008
    Shirley, MA
    I get that on my land-line.

Scammers.

Perhaps a certain percentage of folks will be intrigued and pick up.

4. It's scammers. They use Caller ID "spoofing". Ignore those calls. "Rachel from Card Services" or "We're from Microsoft and we have detected malware on your computer, we need your credit card number..."

I don't even pick up. They usually don't even bother leaving a voicemail.

PortlandBass77 likes this.
  5. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Gremlins? Scammers.

6. SCAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMERS (from India call centers!)

7. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy

We don't have caller ID on our home phone (land line) so I pick up sometimes. When the guy on the other end says he's from Microsoft Windows, I say, no, you aren't. Then I hang up. Rude? Who cares. He interrupted whatever I was doing. I also get calls from all over the country (supposedly) on my cell phone, and many of them are robocalls. I got a live person today. I told her I wasn't interested, then she got pushy. I told her I wasn't in the mood for spam calls and hung up. Rude? Who cares. She wasted my time.