Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Possible Accugroove stack

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by millner, Oct 28, 2005.

1. millner

millner

Sep 26, 2005
    Hey guys, has anyone out there tried the Accugroove tri210L and Bill Dickens 212 together? I'm trying to put together a dream rig and this stack seems like it would be perfect for me but sadly I live in a small town in the dead center of Virginia that has a single music store that doesnt carry anything but fender combos so I havent had the chance to try this possible dream rig of mine.

2. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    tri210L + accugroove gordo = love

3. Currently and happily I have a Tri210L and El Whappo. I have not used them live together and mostly likely will not since the EW is plenty for anything I've done so far but the option is there. I have tried the Bill Dickens in a store only and I prefer the standard designed Accugrooves. Two pretty different cabs though. Do you have your amplification picked out for your dream rig yet. How about the instruments you want to use? All this can and is IMO a factor in choosing gear.

4. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Dean, can you give us any more detailed thoughts on how the Bill Dickens cab compared to the other Accugroove cabs?

Oh, and the Ultimate Accugroove Stack, IME, is the Whappo, Jr. atop an El Whappo! :D :bassist:

5. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    i think that a whappo grande, on its side, with a whappo ontop on its side would be killer

6. Tom,
    I only played it a couple times and in short the cab sounded very good but had more lower mid girth as advertised. My WWU didn't seem to have enough "dynamic headroom" to push this cab. I don't believe I would have attemped to use the WWU live with this cab. Another time I used the store owner''s Eden Navigator and a Peavy power amp. It sounded all right but still didn't have the kaboom. Weeks later I brought in my Demeter and CA9 :smug: Quite a big diff :D The owner was right there wondering what I had plugged in...
    He immediately asked to try it out with his 62 Jazz. He ended up not liking my Demeter much, so we hooked up his Navigator to my CA9.... He almost peed himself. I think he bought a CA9 or plans on it. Anyway the BD sounded good but after hearing my standard Agrooves I prefer them. Of course I didn't play the BD live. I should ask him if wants to swap the EW for BD on a gig sometime... I don't think I added much to what you already know.. sorry.

7. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    No, that does help. Thanks!

Tom.

8. sitting next to a whappo grande :) :bassist:

9. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    the best accugroove stack is one that you can move by yourself... lol