Possible Ebay Scam?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stinsok, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I saw an ad on Monster.com looking for people to handle auctions for this company based in Romania. I emailed this company for more information and this is what they told me. They are looking for Ebayers to sell their merchandise for them (computers,electronics, etc,) Once the item is sold the Ebayer sends the money(minus auction fees) to them via Western Union. If you meet a certain goal they pay 2500.00 per month and could possibly increase to 5000.00 per month depending on your selling volume. That did not sound too risky until I asked them about where the items would be shipped from. They say the items will be shipped from Romania. If I sold something on their behalf and they did not ship them item I would be left holding the bag. Anyone else hear of something like this?
  2. Sounds like a scam to me. Get money for doing next to nothing for complete strangers...

Heck, Romania- even if it were down the street and not 100% legit would I allow myself to be associated with them. Why can't they sell their own stuff?