1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Possible Echo Park Problem

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Rumzini, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    So after having this a while I thought I would post what may be a possible problem I'm having.

Ever since I've had the pedal I have had to press somewhat hard on the thing to switch it. Now I know that you press it a lil bit to use the tap tempo function...then to press it further to fully engage the pedal. However it seems like the inards are busted or something when I do click it all the way. It's more of a clunk as if something isn't lined up properly. Does anyone elses do this or am I special?

2. lkman_4

lkman_4

May 14, 2007
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    you know what..i also bought this pedal and it broke on me in less than a half a year. god dammit..ill never buy line 6 again..though i admit..it was pretty easy to use.

3. lkman_4

lkman_4

May 14, 2007
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    this is the exact same problem i had. and then it broke on me. i opened it up and it appeared the black clip on piece which holds the 3 metal pop action like units to activate the pedal lost one of the clips to hold it in place so it was scattered all over the electronics..and wouldn't stay...it was poorly built and just not worth the fix..so i am ready for a new delay.

4. lkman_4

lkman_4

May 14, 2007
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    just open it up and put those 3 metal pop action stars into a stack and clip over the black piece..i did this for a while..and it would temporarily fix the problem until it came out again..then eventually just broke. hope that helped.

5. lkman_4

lkman_4

May 14, 2007
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    oh yeah. you probably want to just replace it with a new one as long as you filled out the registration..so dont open it if you have done so!

6. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    I bought it used so no reg. I also opened it up tonight...looked at it...didn't know anything to do to it...and put it back together. I was at a shop last weekend and never thought to try one out new to see if it was doing the same thing. I did try a Verbzilla and an Uber Metal...and didn't have the problem. The pedal works fine accept every now and then when I step down I get the pop or click it makes when I push down on it AMPLIFIED and delayed of course....VERY ANNOYING.