1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Possible Effects Forum GTG??

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by markjazzbassist, Jun 16, 2007.

1. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
    I'd love to hang with my bretheren of the effects forum. I'm thinking that it would be really cool to get together with a bunch of us and make noises and get to try out each other's pedals and stuff since it's pretty impossible to do that in music stores.

It'd probably have to be in California since a lot of the people are there (jetpack, bongo, mysticboo, ericf, etc.). We don't have to set a date or anything, I'm just trying to see if people would be interested and if someone knows of a place we could do it?

I'd be willing to hop on a plane, train, or drive to jam and make noise.

Thoughts?

PS. I don't mean to exclude are buddies in other countries, If we can get a lot of people to head over there, I'm all for that too.

2. bongomania

bongomania Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I'm leaving CA in just over a week, and don't plan to visit back here anytime soon. :) Otherwise I would have loved to participate.

3. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    i'm down!
    http://[malware url removed].net/vicious-smiley-1815.gif

4. The BurgerMeister

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    while i understand your point quite well.... dude. it's a TB effects GTG. you absolutely MUST be there. you are King of Effects World and Pimp Masta Supreme.

bring hawt gurlz.

5. markjazzbassist

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
    where are you going? Congrats on the move, Yea for new beginings.

well, it's not really for certain in Cali, I was just throwing it out there since a lot of you live there (big state i hear:) ).

6. bongomania

bongomania Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    OK, OK, I'll hire a lookalike and send him in my purple suit. I'll give him some flash cards with random technobabble that he can read off ostentatiously. If anyone asks him a compressor question, he can look at them and say "click the link in my sig!"

7. The BurgerMeister

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    that just might work!

:D

will he bring hawt gurlz?

8. David Wilson

David Wilson Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    no, no, you're getting it wrong. It has to be in NY so
    a) I can be there
    b) it's easier for toasted and tayste:)

I always bring my pedalboards to the NY GTG's anyway, it ended up getting monopolized by a certain few FX forum members last time... you know who you are ;)

9. markjazzbassist

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
    New York would work well for me. I could just drive. The West Coasters would have to fly.

10. I might drive too!! :meh:

U lucky buggers!

11. Do it in Chicago so that I can ride my bike.....

(If I start in the morning, I could get there by 2 in the morning or so....hmm...)

12. 343 Salty Beans

343 Salty Beans

Jan 24, 2006
    I'm also in Southern Cali...it's sunny here, and the women are all cuter here ;) I vote cali as well...especially cuz I'm poor and in college and there's NO WAY I could make it out of state like that.

13. moogboy

moogboy Inactive

Mar 1, 2007
    Moog Artist in Rock/Pop 5th down
    i say Ohio. we setup a big old tent outside the RockNRoll Hall Of Fame and have it right there.

14. Niff

Niff

Mar 18, 2007
    New Zealand
    you could always all take a holiday to new zealand

we have hobbits

15. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    SoCal is good for me :D

The reality is that my family and job demands are such that traveling for a GTG is pretty much off the radar for me.

16. 343 Salty Beans

343 Salty Beans

Jan 24, 2006
    See? All us SoCal people should meet up sometime. What part of Cali are you in? I'm an LA area type.

17. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Where I am shows up every time I post. ;)

18. TheMutt

TheMutt Guest

Apr 28, 2007
    Another vote for So Cali :D I think it would be awesome to see all the cool effects that everyone has! Although, I am sure it wouldn't help my GAS list any, and you all are probably much much better players than I am :D.

Also, I'm in the greater (read: the very fringes of) Los Angeles County area (Where LA county borders on San Bernardino County).

19. The BurgerMeister

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    +1 for cali! this sounds like it's gearing up to be a microcosmic/"various-parts-of-the-globe" effects GTG. and that is all good.
    http://[malware url removed].net/vicious-smiley-1815.gif

20. DbNBassist

DbNBassist

Aug 12, 2006
    Britain
    I vote Brighton!! It has two piers, that would be an deal breaker for me! :)

No matter that im the only effects forumer who lives less than 30 miles away! :ninja:

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 22, 2021