1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Possible Effects Forum GTG??

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by markjazzbassist, Jun 16, 2007.

1. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Oooooh, Winter NAMM sounds like a good idea.

We could all get hotel rooms in Anaheim, jam until we get thrown out, and then do it all over again...

...except we'll use Disneyland's P.A. the second time around. :D

And maybe - just maybe - we'll free up some time to "demo" the new gear at NAMM. :ninja:

2. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    My band is actually planning a guerilla show very similar to the Disney land idea.

3. Sir Edward V

Sir Edward V Not Actually Knighted... Yet!

Dec 11, 2006
    Massachusetts
    I dont reamember what NAMM stands for lol, but from what I've heard it sounds like a lot a fun, that would be a good idea for the meetup to be there

4. JanusZarate

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    That sort of stuff happens locally in the Bay Area all the time.

The other day, when I was in Emeryville (just south of Berkeley), I saw a solo guitarist with a POD and a really nice Fender amp playing some Satriani-esque stuff and selling his albums in a shopping center courtyard. He was soon "forced out" by a group of four strings and brass players who wanted to perform and sell, too. :meh:

5. So is the Winter NAMM show is open to the public? I didn't think so, but I could be wrong.

6. You have it all wrong. There has to be a middle ground between CA and NY to make it easier for everyone.

...Let's do it in Michigan! ;)

7. SpankyPants

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    I think that after the first few days, they open it up to the public...

8. SpankyPants

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Not like that man. LSU holds a lot of concerts that can be fairly large. For example Chevelle just played a couple months ago. They setup the stage and stuff on campus the night before, so we are planning to setup that night and have a guerrilla show until the poepoe comes. :bassist:

9. sonicvi

sonicvi

Jun 10, 2005
    Houston, TX
    I vote for Austin anyway. :D

10. JanusZarate

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    OH.

Yeah, we've got that at UCB, too.

I thought you were talking more along the lines of private resource theft (i.e., someone else's electricity). :D

11. Sir Edward V

Sir Edward V Not Actually Knighted... Yet!

Dec 11, 2006
    Massachusetts
    oh yeah! rebels with a cause! :bassist:

12. SpankyPants

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    GUERRILLA!!!!

13. JanusZarate

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Heh... I misread your post earlier.

You are stealing someone else's electricity. :D

And their set. :ninja:

14. SpankyPants

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. It's gonna be so tuff.

15. bongomania

bongomania Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    My stepfather claimed to have "stolen" a gig at a Deep Purple show. His story goes that his band had all their gear in their van having just driven straight from band practice to the Deep Purple concert. DP never showed up (maybe transportation problems?) so after a half hour of the audience hooting and stomping and hollering, my stepdad's band ran out and got their gear, went to the loading dock and said they were the opening band, and got up on stage and played several tunes to a stadium audience. After those tunes, security wised up and shut them down, but no charges were filed.

16. JanusZarate

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Funny that you mention it... I once heard a story about an amateur band shooting out the tires of the Deep Purple tour bus. :ninja:

17. TheMutt

TheMutt Guest

Apr 28, 2007
    They're on to us! Cheese it! :bag:

18. moogboy

moogboy Inactive

Mar 1, 2007
    Moog Artist in Rock/Pop 5th down
    ...at Lowdown Sound!

19. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 10, 2021