Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Possible gig opportunity...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Hategear, Nov 27, 2003.

1. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    This was in my mailbox this morning (it was a mass-mailing, which went to 15 other people as well):

"Hello all, my name is Harry Brett and I'm searching for a bass player who is experienced at playing anything from Stevie Ray to Malmsteen. Also I’m looking for a drummer who is a double kicker. Yes, this is no bull ***t. I'm a guitar player who does all the cultured tricks with a classical back ground. It’s not a big deal. Making great music is. This project is instrumental rock and it will take your talent as far as it can go. It takes your abilities to the next level and keeps on going, I hope. This is a fun gig and it will give you a chance to make a living at playing music. I think up the ideas, get them ready for you, then we go over them until your good with what's going on. I then book the studio, we record it. I get the cd's and all the legal work, copy rights done. Get them packaged up and ready for sale. Then by this time we have already worked out a live show. Then we go sell what we made. We sell everything we can, everywhere we can. I hope this helps answer some questions. If you have any samples or anything at all for me to hear please send them via email or mail them to the address below. Harry Brett, Murfreesboro, TN."

The guy sounded a little pompous to me, but I thought I'd post it here, in the event that someone was interested. He did include two MP3 files, but I don't know how to post them here, so I guess you'd have to write to him at harrybrett@comcast.net to obtain said MP3s and to get his mailing address.

Good luck!

2. kaboom133

kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    Sounds almost like he tells you what to play. That doesn't sound very fun....
    edit: spelling

3. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Those were my thoughts exactly, kaboom. Although, I have told previous bands, "I'll just go along for the ride, as long as we're going somewhere -- moving forward." In my situation(s), the problem was always the same: If I wasn't pushing for something better, no one pushed for it. If I did push for more, everyone started pushing for something. We needed a guy to step up and take control, as Harry apparently has and I do have to give him credit for that. This will obviously be his band and he's making that clear from the get-go, which I also have to give him some credit for.

I live in Wisconsin, so I didn't even bother to listen to his MP3s (he's in Tennessee).