1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Possible issues with using various power supplies?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by JACink, Sep 14, 2018.

1. JACink

JACink

Mar 9, 2011
    Spain
    I am currently dividing my large board into 3 smaller boards. This is mainly to aid storage and transport.

In order to reduce set up time, I am thinking of putting one power supply on each board, so all I have to do is connect the in and out plus one power cord for each board.

Are there any foreseen problems with using various power supplies in the same chain?

2. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

Other than not all supplies are created equal, and some manufacturers play pretty fast and loose with what they call “isolated” supply taps, there shouldn’t be any problems using two different power supplies.

If your supply has enough amperage to feed your pedals and there’s no noise, you should be fine.

JACink likes this.
  3. cSjnaYW.
    Underneath this board are four hidden power supplies (two Gator's and two HB juniors), and if you include the tuner/power-supply there are five in total. Never had any issues due to these (different) supplies.
    As long as the power consumption of the pedals doesn't exceed the power the supply can deliver there should be no problems.

basscapes and JACink like this.