1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Possible neck / truss rod issue ?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by flippyfloop, Oct 4, 2017.

1. flippyfloop

flippyfloop

Feb 19, 2009
    Hi,

Just bought this 2nd hand bass and I like it but noticed this issue on the back of the neck.

The lacquer is fine but I’m concerned that this maybe the start is an issue with the neck structure ?

I should add that the person I bought it from is happy for me to return it and has been very considerate.

Cheers.

2.JPG 3.JPG

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  2. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    It looks like the remains of a branch from the living tree, like the branch sat right across the present finish running across the neck. I wouldn't be worried about it. Others more knowledgeable will chime in, I'm sure.

3. BurnOut

BurnOut It's The Billy Baloney Show Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2015
    The Natti
    Even if it was an issue, and I don't think it is, the 5 piece neck should protect you and prevent any trouble it might ever cause.