1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

possible new backup/mod bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MiniMoose234, Mar 31, 2009.

1. i have been looking into getting a good backup bass, one i could mod (new pickups, bridge, etc.) and im not sure exactly what would be a good bass, i honestly play just about everything, from real funk, to old and newr rhcp, primus, and jazz. i mostly play a lot of funky stuff, heavier yet still funky stuff like primus, prog rock, and im working on my jazz knowledge haha. ive tried a lot of basses at guitar center and tried some friends, but i still cant decide. my budget is pretty low, about $350 at most, but i would mod it over time. i looked at the squiers, like the vm jazz, and the fretless wich i loved. i also thought about a squier p bass special, with the jazz pickup.
    i would like something with 24 frets, so i can play all the primus stuff, but its not neccesary. if i got one of the squires, like the vm jazz, would it be ok if i got a warmoth 24 fret neck?

2. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
  3. you could always go with sx