1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Possible new bass time

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by *insertcoolname, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Well I'm starting to itch for a new bass. Right now I'm rocking a schecter custom 5 but I want to upgrade to something of higher quality, not to put the schecter down it's a great piece for the money. My budget is aroung 800-1400, new or used. I play mainly rock so I have looked into obviosly a rick and a bongo/ray. Also I have considered a used Cirrus, although I don't know if that would be good for rock. I play about 45% with a pick, 45% finger and about 10% everything else. Tones I like are Tool, Chevelle (This type of thinking could do us in) and godsmack as well. Hopefully you can understand what I'm getting at. All suggestions appreciated.

2. steve21

steve21 Banned

I was gonna recommend a Bongo and you mentioned one yourself.

Bongo. Hawt.

3. As for the tool tones.....Id say buy a jazz bass and put in some Darkstars or some basslines and a audere pre-amp maybe/ as for Chevelle....get a thunderbird, or look for a schecter Ultra if you can still find one

4. cetera

cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    Spector Euro.... :bassist:

The ultimate rock bass..... and the bloke in Godsmack plays one too ;)

5. allenhumble

allenhumble

Oct 22, 2004
    Acworth GA.
    Laklands are great bass for any number of styles. With the price range you listed you could by new or used 5502 which has a MM and a jazz pup. From there you could add an Audere pre amp and this thing would be a monster. The addition of the pre amp is just an additional suggestion. The 5502 is a fantastic bass stock.