1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Possible? Peavey Basic 112 over Fender Rumble 100?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by oldrookie, Aug 17, 2007.

1. oldrookie

oldrookie

May 15, 2007
    Avon, IN
    I've started looking for a better combo amp (currently just have a 15w Crate practice amp.) Been trying to get something around 100 watts and have tried a few different units.

I am, at best, a beginner/enthusiast hobbyist. Gigging anywhere other than with my church youth group, is probably not in my future. Room for about 150 people.

1. Tried a Peavey TNT, used $250. Like it, but it is a monster to move. I'd like to be able to carry my gear in the old Miata and I don't think I could get the amp in the car...other way around more likely.

2. Tried a Fender Rumble 100 new...tried to like it at $279.00, but it just didn't do anything for me.

3. Found a Peavey Basic 112, used for $139.00 and really liked the sound. Plenty of volume...so much that I am tempted to believe it is louder than the other two. Am I just mistaken? Its only a 50 watt amp compared to at least 100 watts out of the other two.

Any recommendations? My price range is probably obvious from the choices listed above, but hey, somebody has to be a bottom feeder.

2. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    Mr. Oldrookie, Several weeks back while trying out a new, active, Fender jazz bass "4" string in a local music store I had the chance to try the new Fender Rumble 100 watt 2-10" combo amp. Also, tried the 1-15" Rumble amp and I much prefered the 2-10" model. I thought it sounded pretty good in the store. It probably wouldn't be enough amp for anything but very low volume venues and pratices.