1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Possible practice setup ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sandvich Hero, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Hi guys,

I figured your infinite knowledge will quickly get that one sorted out ... (prosternation here ...)

I'm really interested in buying a Traynor DB200 as my next amp (love the tone, have a great deal on one) but this one, unlike the 100W version, doesn't have a line input for practicing (for metronome/drum fills/CD, etc).

Could I circumvent that by running the FX Loop send to a small 6 track console (that I already own), leaving this track at 0dB attn., and run my PC line out/whatever else in another track, sending the console output to the FX Return ? (ie, is the FX loops level near to a line level ???). I don't have any effects running through the loop at the moment and this would just be for practicing anyway.

Is there anything bad/ugly in that setup ?

Thanks a lot for your help, don't want to blow anything ...

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Most fx loops are line level. Couldn't comment on your plan though as I'm umfamiliar with the gear. Good luck.

3. Thanks a lot, if it's line level, shouldn't be any problem running it through a mixer/console ...