1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Possible to record from my computer's speaker out to line in?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bardolph, May 12, 2006.

1. Bardolph

Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Would it be possible to make an mp3 from sound coming from my computer, say from a streaming video, by plugging the soundcard's output back into the input and using a recording program? If so is there a shareware program that will let me do that?

2. If you open up volume control, select properties from the options menu, select the option to adjust volume for recording, and click OK, then you may be able to just tell your computer to record everything it's sending to the speakers. If you need software to to the actual recording, then Audacity will do the trick. You may actually be able to select your recording source from within Audacity.

3. I'm not sure, but if it's streaming music you want to record, there may be an easier way to do it. This program allows you to record any streaming music, or anything. Takes a little playing with the sound levels, but overall pretty easy to use. Free too.

http://www.roemersoftware.com/free-sound-recorder.html

4. Bardolph

Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Ah, perfect. This is exactly what I've been wanting for years. Thank you.