Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Possible Trade??? Fender MIM 5 Jazz Deluxe Tobacco Burst

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bobbykokinos, Dec 21, 2005.

1. I'm not sure if I'm going to do this yet. Ideally, I'd like to trade straight up for a MIM Jazz Deluxe 4 w/ Tobacco burst if anyone has one. There is nothing wrong with this bass. It has hardly left the house. I'm just not a 5 string player.

Like I said, I'm not 100% sure I'm going to do this or not. I might entertain other trade ideas also.

Let me see what you folks have

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

2. I'd consider cash of $475 plus shipping. These are $664.99 (extra for the brown burst) on Musicians Friend brand new. But seeing as its a 1997 but in great condition, I think the price is fair..

Again, seeing who bites.. I'm 75% sure Im going to sell it though.

3. systemsdevelope

systemsdevelope smile and have coffee !

Sep 17, 2003
    The Center of the USA
    hi Bobby, i have a 4 string deluxe bass exactly like yours to trade, active fender stock electronics, etc.
    I am in Kansas... where are you?
    thanks

4. Indianapolis.. What year is it and what condition? Any photos?

5. pepsican

pepsican

Oct 23, 2004
    iowa
  6. Any other trade interests?? Have had a couple offers but none went through.

7. dannoman

dannoman Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2004

So by this, its safe to guess that you wouldnt trade for another 5???

8. Out of curiosity, what do you have?

9. If you like the bass, but aren't sure you like a 5, try making it a 5 string with a high C instead of the Low B. Could be fun, and you could keep the bass you like.

10. If you like the bass, but aren't sure you like a 5, try making it a 5 string with a high C instead of the Low B. Could be fun, and you could keep the bass you like.

11. Thanks for the suggestion! I've tried that before but didn't do anything for me.. Its just the profile of a 5 string neck that doesnt do much for me.. Its really odd because I either play 4 string or 6, but 5 just doesnt feel like it sits right in my hand..

12. dannoman

dannoman Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2004
    MTD Kingston Active 5 String - Trans Red. It's a great bass with wide spacing, I just want a Jazz....

13. Thanks for the offer but I'll pass..