Possible unhappy EBAY guy.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by By-Tor, Aug 27, 2004.

1. By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    I won a bid on a Fender Lyte Bass, here is the description word for word:

"Fender Lyte series 4 String Precision BASS Guitar, in Very Good to Excellent condition. Works & Sound Great.
    Serial number Q004659. Made in Japan. Color is a very nice semi-transparent purple to black fade finish. Comes in soft carrying case/gig bag."

The bass was delivered at home a few moments ago. Right now I'm at work. My wife opens up the box to tell me about the bass over the phone and tells the bass is transparent grey.

Here is the link to the ended auction,

So in your opinion is the bass purple or grey.
    Cause if its grey I may not be all that happy. I have yet to see the bass in person, I may like it. I'll find out when I go home for lunch.
  2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
  3. By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    That's what I mean.
    At this point, I'm thinking I may want to take some kind of action.
  4. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    certainly looks purple to me.
  5. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    either would look great, but it does look like purple to me
  6. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Yep, that's pretty purple.
  7. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I'm color blind but that still looks purple to me.

brad cook
  8. invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    Purple, although I'd say it's very likely that it could appear to be grey under certain lighting conditions.
  9. Purple. A friend of mine has the exact same model of bass, pretty nice bass I do say. I think his may even be the same color.
  10. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    It's grayish-purple. I'd hold off until I saw it.
  11. By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Ok, I'm not so unhappy.

I went and looked at it during lunch and it is a blue/grey but more blue. It's pretty cool. I dig it. This bass will be a great beginner bass for my daughter. The neck is really small/thin.
    It will be a step up from her mini strat guitar.

One ding in the headstock and a chip on the fret board, the body is pretty clean, just a few small scratches on the back, not very noticable. All in all no big deal. The back of the neck has no wear at all, really clean.
    It needs to be disassembled and cleaned, looks like this thing sat in a closet for awhile.
  12. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    ive heard of alot of girls playing this bass. not that its a girly bass but its just more comfortable and light on the back. I have a tendency to play heavy basses with thick necks. I have no idea how kim deal played a stingray all those years.
  13. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I used to have a P-Bass lyte. It was bright red :) It was my first "decent" bass. I remember it being quite good with lots of different tones hiding inside the on-board EQ. I also remember it being a pretty good bass for slapping. And it weighed absolutely nothing, so whoever stole it had an easy get-away......... good buy!
  14. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    It's that transparent black that's screwing you up, dude. It'll take on different color aspects in different light. I have that on my Ibanez, and when it's laying in the case it looks pink cause of the red inside of the case, and when it's in other light it can look purple or greenish or whatever.

It's a good looking color.
  15. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    haha, i didn't even notice that. by the way, who's on your avatar :hyper:?
  16. By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Ok, I disassembled the bass and cleaned it up, bass is in great condition.
    Did a setup, put new strings on it and plays great.
    I also noticed the pocket on the gig bag, checked it out and found a new cord in there along with the original reciept for the bass back in 94'. So it looks like I'm the second owner. Also in there was all the manuals and origninal documentaion of the bass, a tuning fork, a bunch of picks and guitar strings.
    So all in all, I'm happy.
    My daughter played it and she digs it, it's a perfect bass for her. So I told her she can play it whenever she wants.
  17. Anetta Keys. She's hot, eh? :)
  18. Nude pics available?

19. Use Google. ;)