1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Post a dream bass that you DON'T own yet, but would love to. Just One....if you can!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by de la mocha, Oct 28, 2006.

1. de la mocha

de la mocha

Aug 20, 2005
    NEW JERSEY
    I just discovered this bass right here and it's seriously out of my league! I lust for this bass soooooo bad but I know that right now it is so out of my reach!

In fact, a manned mission to Mars is more tangible for me right now then getting this bass unless I resort to turning tricks for cash! Ok, are you ready? Here she is......

[​IMG]

I pray to God that one day, an Angel of the Lord will deliver this baby into my hands, because I don't possess the means in the natural realm to acheive this biblical bold bodacious beacon of bass!!!

2. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I don't have any pictures of it, but Bass Central used to have a Demo USA Lakland Bob Glaub P/J in 3TS, Red Tort PG, Pickup Cover and a Birdseye Fretboard. OH, MY, LORD...I almost bought it too but when I called it had already been sold....a while before I looked at it...so why they were toying with my emotions by keeping it on the website, I'll never know.

:)

3. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Pick one. ('cept the double neck. I ain't feelin' that one)

galleryr8c2.jpg

Peace,

James

4. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Inactive

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Hmm, right here...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. lowtide

lowtide Commercial User

Oct 14, 2006
    Bradenton, Florida
    Owner: Buzzard's Bass Shop
    eenie meenie minee . . .
    Animation1.gif

6. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I can't post a pic of mine, because hopefully it will be becoming a reality very soon. In fact, it is in the spec'ing out phase right now. It will be a Roscoe Century Signature V. But that's all I am saying, for now.

7. I set my sights pretty reasonable here. Someday soon I hope.

Warwick Corvette Standard Active Fretted 4-String.

No pic because I am on dialup :D

8. lug

lug Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    This bass:
    [​IMG]

But is solid Ash

[​IMG]

9. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    [​IMG]

Doesn't even have to be this one- just an Elrick e-volution singlecut six-string. If I had the dough to spec one out, it'd have either a buckeye top like my five-string or some sort of high contrast top like katalox with sapwood.

10. verbass

verbass

Apr 26, 2004
    dayville ct
    Picture this if you can.

Fender American Deluxe Active Jazz V . Ash body Crimson Transparent , White pearloid Pick Guard , Maple Fretboard , Black hardware , String through body , five tuners on one side , and black blocks and binding.

Dream the Impossible dream

11. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    I like that one a lot:
    [​IMG]

and that one:

[​IMG]

12. The Dave

The Dave

Jun 23, 2006
    Canyon, Texas
    No pics cause it doesn't exist... yet. It'll be a Warmoth J, maybe a Dinky J in Alder with a Spalted Maple top, maybe a Bubinga neck, Ebony board, Abalone inlays, Hipshot Ultra Lites and B Style Bridge in chrome, Schaller straplocks, probably Lindy Fralin PJ pick ups, some kind of cool pre with active/passive switching, or maybe just Vol/Vol/Tone. Then, I'll spend a few years looking for the right strings.

I'm sure I'll change several of the components several times before it actually gets built. It might end up Inca Silver with a matching headstock or transparent black over a Flame Maple top. It might have Nordstrand Double Js. It might not happen at all... But it's a nice goal. ;)

13. Hey whats that!
    Nordy pickups?

14. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
  15. hope that helps
    you were missing an h in your img tag

16. conan

conan

Oct 26, 2006
    [​IMG]

Would really like a fretless. Not necessarrily that one though.

17. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Australia
    Something that I could realistically obtain, would be a Status Kingbass: NT 32", headless, 16.5mm spacing, black hardware, probably walnut/mahogany/vermillin back with a mac ebony facing, and my electronics (similar to Alembic series). A matching pair in 4 and 5 would be nice.
    The graphite version is pretty sexy too.
    http://www.status-graphite.com/status/carts3/image/basses/kingstel1.jpg

Something I'd like but I'm not sure I'd be able to play physically would be an Alembic Spyder; Series electronics, ebony neck lams but otherwise specced and outfitted like JE's. Just as a tribute to the guy who inspired me to play.

18. prsbass

prsbass

Oct 13, 2006
    Seattle
    [​IMG]

19. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    I would love a Ritter Roya, but it will never happen....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada

Thank you, I will fix it