Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

post a pic thread

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Lozenger, Mar 23, 2003.

1. Lozenger

Lozenger

Feb 26, 2003
    sez it all in the title... post a pic

2. JC Mags

JC Mags

Jan 2, 2002
    here's my contribution

JCMagsalin :)

3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    [​IMG]

sweet bass!!! I've been looking at one of those for a while.... unfortunately I'm too poor to buy an URB. soon thou :cool:

(I still need to find a jazz teacher, the only URB teacher I've spoke to so far if a bluegrass guy)

Polly: Are you lost or something?

4. Stentor

Is there an echo in here here... ?

- Wil

5. Buddy Lee

Buddy Lee

May 5, 2002
    [​IMG]

6. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    PARROTFISH...grammar counts, even on a bumper sticker.

7. justBrian

justBrian

Apr 19, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    Here's my new bass

8. justBrian

justBrian

Apr 19, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    Here's the bridge. I did all of the fitting myself. It's an Aubert select, I think.

9. justBrian

justBrian

Apr 19, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    One more bridge pic.

10. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY

Who's "PARROTFISH"? And who's "Polly"? He/She/It must be pretty lost, since I can't find any trace. :confused:

It's good to be king. :D

11. JC Mags

JC Mags

Jan 2, 2002
    has anyone seen a scroll with a hole? makes installing strings really easy. :)

(that's my blonde bass' pic posted in the previous reply)

JCMagsalin :)

12. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Polly=parrot
    Bass=fish

ergo, PollyBass=parrotfish

Apparently MIA

13. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    What the.......

EDIT: I never realized this thread was in DB.....oppsy.

14. Comrade Bass - My new baby, built in Kazanlak, Bulgaria
    [​IMG]

15. Comrade Bass - My new baby, built in Kazanlak, Bulgaria

[​IMG]

16. Somehow, while trying to figure a good way to post a pic that wasn't so LARGE, I seem to have gotten both the large and the small versions posted. Sorry 'bout that!

I guess that if anyone takes the time for the large version to download, they'll at least see Comrade
    Bass in a lot more detail! :(

[​IMG]

17. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    You're not really barefoot there are ya Flipflop Larry:p

18. Well, the Short Stock Answer there is that just about every place I play serves food in addition to drinks, and the health department won't allow bare feet, which is true.

However, the name was originally pinned on me about 20 years ago, because my feet don't get cold.

Thong sandals are as bare as my feet ever actually get, but they're also as "Shod" as my feet ever actually get, unless there's some social reason that actual shoes are required.

I like to stay comfortable unless it's too cold, and it's never too cold.

I used to show up at friend's houses to jam in the dead of winter, and they used to say "Man, aren't your feet cold?? You might as well be barefooted!"

One day, as I was getting my stuff through the door after they had started without me, someone turned around and said "well, Barefoot Larry's here". It just stuck.

I've been found pumping gas after a gig in February at 2:00am wearing a heavy jacket and thongs.

I always play onstage as the picture shows, with bib overalls, a red shop-rag for a handkerchief and a black pocket-tee... with the thongs.

The thongs stay, though, year-round, when I'm not onstage.

I should mention that we try to only book within 30 miles of The Alamo, so "bitterly cold" works out to 25 degrees above zero with a stiff breeze.

When it gets below freezing in San Antonio, it's a front-page headline in the paper, and if ANY ice should actually form, they start shutting down the freeways.

Usually the winter stays somewhere around 45-50 degrees in the day, and will get pretty close to freezing about the time you're on the way home from playing. Hard on the cheeks & hands if you have to stop for gas. :cool:

San Antonio only has two seasons... Christmas and Summer.

19. Rod B.

Rod B.

Jun 11, 2002
    Montana
    In Montana we get 4 seasons; winter, June, July, and August. :D

20. Tim Ludlam

Tim Ludlam

Dec 19, 1999
    Carmel, IN
    Barefoot Larry, I love ya man, but please don't post a picture of you in a thong!