Post a picture of your first board

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by vivaknoxvegas, Feb 4, 2018.

1. vivaknoxvegas

vivaknoxvegas El Duderino Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2002
    Knoxville, TN
    Home sick with the flu, bored... thought this could be a cool trip down memory lane. Here’s mine.

B7C744ED-A38B-4AE5-BB9D-84099CD6AC2E.jpeg

2. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    This is my first ever board, and its my current one.

DE988EC7-43CA-445C-86B4-4D067C0DB1E9.jpeg

3. I wish I could, iirc my first board had a DeArmond Volume pedal, Hammond Wah, Ehx Big Muff Pi and a Maestro Phase shifter pedal. It was a sign board from a real estate company with pieces of molding tacked on place to hold pedals in position and painted silver. I kept the pedals in their boxes and set them up each time.

BrentSimons and vivaknoxvegas like this.
  4. vivaknoxvegas

May 6, 2002
    Knoxville, TN
    Very nice first board. Compact and potent.

BrentSimons likes this.
  5. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    Thanks very much. Ive used a radio system and pre amp for years, and I felt it was about time I made things a bit neater. Little did I realise how addictive this sort of this is.

BrentSimons and vivaknoxvegas like this.
  6. Don’t know if I have pictures of mine... my first band board was something like a weeping demon, Ibanez pd7, Devi ever Hyperion with ls2 to blend it in, boss tuner and a boss ceb3 for thrash band I was in... have all the pedals still but only the ceb3 has remained after almost 10 years.

BrentSimons likes this.
  7. GMC

GMC

Jan 1, 2006
    Wiltshire, UK
    Here's my first board: [​IMG]
    10647411366_5d75784174_c.jpg
    Since then...all of this has been replaced

8. TrevorG

TrevorG Gold Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2012
    U.K.
    PedalBoard.jpg
    First and present board. The phaser was discontinued in 1986 but still works beautifully.

9. Fiset

Fiset I do a good impression of myself

Jan 13, 2007
    New York
    I'm not sure if this is the first but it was the first board I posted here...back in 2010. Kinda wish I still had that H20:

FxCam_1289474584720.jpg

10. Mr. Majestic

Mr. Majestic Majestic Wood Supply

Dec 3, 2005
    From Louisiana/In Arkansas
    Majestic Swamp Ash
    Here’s a pic of my first board....that was many moons ago.

0ED569F5-8A65-4543-B525-B91E0B532E35.jpeg

11. superdick2112

superdick2112 Mile High Bassist

Nov 20, 2010
    The Centennial State
    Happy feet! I've got those hap-hap-happy feet!
    The controller on the far left is for our light show, the chorus & delay next to that is for the Taurus pedals, and the Boss board has tuner, EQ, noise gate & chorus.

upload_2018-2-5_8-18-1.png

005.JPG

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    vivaknoxvegas likes this.
  12. Jakeman

Jakeman Swamp Thing

Jun 26, 2006
    New Orleans, LA
    Not a board necessarily...

8LGFIHP.jpg

13. Fiset

Fiset I do a good impression of myself

Jan 13, 2007
    New York
    Was going through some old files and came across this pic. This was truly my first "board." I haven't thought about this guy since I sold it years ago. Looking at it now, I kinda wish I still had it. I remember being so intimidated by it and never really getting comfortable with it. But that was then. Now I understand it much better...just by looking at this pic. Anyway, this unit was the start for me.

POD.jpg

vivaknoxvegas and Mr. Majestic like this.
  14. socialleper

socialleper Bringer of doom and top shelf beer Supporting Member

May 31, 2009
    Canyon Country, CA
    My first "board" wasn't a board, it was just my pedals on the floor in front of me with patches and wall warts going to a special Furman power strip with locks. It was also before digital cameras, so no pictures because people didn't waste film on junk like that.

btmpancake and vivaknoxvegas like this.
  15. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    Westchester, NY
    I'd need to go dig through actual photographs and scan them in.
    Nonsense! I took pictures of mine with film back in like 1996. If I remember when I'm in my storage unit I'll see if I can dig them up.

I don't remember everything that was on it but I definitely remember an original/vintage MXR Phase 90. I also had a brand new Sovtek Green Russian Big Muff. They cost $49.95 back then....

16. Mr. Majestic

Mr. Majestic Majestic Wood Supply

Dec 3, 2005
    From Louisiana/In Arkansas
    Majestic Swamp Ash
    The Line 6 Bass Pod was my FIRST official effects.... I dove very far into learning that Line 6 system. Totally reset and renamed every single group of settings, in a way that would represent the company of the amp settings.

17. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    My first “board” was in 1978. These two sat on top of my YBA-1.

51EDDB54-E8B9-4298-A374-B929B11F5DB0.jpeg 335452B7-5103-4BF1-AD1B-5F8BDE6C4526.jpeg

The low end suck was so profound with the Muff, I wired my Jazz Bass with a stereo jack. Bridge pup through the effects, and neck pup through the tone pot then out the other side. Good times.

18. cataract

cataract Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Columbia SC
    Back in my 8x10 SVT days, I was a one pedal kinda guy..
    1F3D70FC-B848-4119-A0D6-77B092FAEBC6.jpeg
    This thing’s been in my life since ‘99.
    Still have the box & receipt!

freedomryder and vivaknoxvegas like this.
  19. This was the first time I bothered putting stuff on wood. The chorus was in the efx loop of the delay.

The next version will have 10 pedals and a tuner, and three DIY switch boxes for custom routing.

My doc dunno how to fix me.

cdl_efx_older.jpg

20. vivaknoxvegas

May 6, 2002
    Knoxville, TN
    I’m with you. I posted a pic above but technically my first board, there’s no picture evidence of. It was from the late 90s when digital cameras weren’t as easy to come by. If I remember correctly I had a few Ibanez tonLock modulation pedals, a Boss tu2, Boss bass distortion, and a fulltone drive pedal.

cataract likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 19, 2022