post buyout edens

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by brian v2.0, Dec 11, 2003.

1. i'm sure most of you know that eden has been purchased by washburn. i really like my original eden wt400 and am considering going to a seperate amp/preamp setup. if i do so i'd love to go with the eden navigator but i'm concerned about any changes in quality thatmay have occured since the buyout. has anyone had any experience with the new eden stuff?

ideally i'd like to get a new one but if the quality has gone down then i'll keep my eyes out for a used original eden.

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    If anything, I think Eden is continuing top build great products and improving on the design. The new WT550 is a great example.
  3. From what I know from my local dealer where I bought all my Eden stuff, the production hasn't changed at all since the buyout.
  4. good to know they are keeping the quality up. it'd be a shame to lose a great product like eden in the corporate shuffle.

i guess now it's time to start saving up for the navigator.
  5. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    i just got post-us music 410xlt's(2) and a wt800 and they work great to me.
  6. I got an email from Dave Nordschow, in it he said that they haven't moved the plant from up here in Minnesota, so it must be same as always. The name on the front of the building doesn't change the way the people inside do their jobs.

"Gibson" Tobias basses made by Mike T and his crew are every bit as good as the pre-Gibson ones. It wasn't until they actually moved production that the quality suffered.

7. yeah i was a bit bummed when i heard about the buyout. my first thought was "hang onto what you have" but then i realized that things like demand and competition dictate manufactured quality, more so than the size of a shop, etc. have to wait and see how it goes.