1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

post counter

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by beyondhairy, Dec 7, 2006.

1. what the hell happened tothe post counter? i finally broke 1000 a week or so ago and now its gone :(

2. all the big supporting members who had low post counts got together and killed it for us

3. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    Someone better go check and see if Muji is taking it alright. He might need some support at this time.

4. Maybe now we can focus on quality not quantity...

5. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Those of us in power here got sick of n00bs worrying about their post counts and had them removed. Now we just sit and laugh at people crying over their missing post counts.

Thanks for the laughs! :D :D :D

6. :( damned noobs lol

7. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

... meh , i don't miss it ...

:bag:

8. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

9. Turock

Turock

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    I think you should boycot.

This is very distresing to me, as sometimes my sole reason for logging on is to see if beyondhairy is on pace to get his 2.84 posts per day.

10. well I used to have 10,000 posts, now it is gone :bag:

11. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

You can still check your post count or someone else's post count by checking the "public profile".

12. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    He is one of the reason Paul took of the post count

13. i couldnt tell if that was supposed to be humorus or rude but it made me giggle either way so i can forgive :p ::big hug::

14. I kinda liked the post counts, but oh well. They're practically useless if you think about it.

15. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

I think that it is a great thing that the counters are gone.

Those of us with over 18,000 posts know who we are, anyway.:smug:

16. well, we still have join dates visible, so we know who all of the crusty old guys are........................jeff ;)

17. Great idea!!!:hyper:

18. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Yes, so we can secretly delete folks' frivolous posts without them noticing...;)

Oops! Did I say that out loud? :ninja:

19. trog

trog

Nov 8, 2003
    Scotland
    Definitely a good move in my opinion. Post counts are still visible on people's profiles, but this makes them seem less important. Hopefully the blatantly spammy threads shall cease.

20. oh well, I don't really mind