Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Post From Florida..

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BassDmb18, Sep 4, 2004.

1. BassDmb18

BassDmb18

Dec 28, 2002
    Davie, FL
    Maybe the last posts I'll have for a while. This hurricane sucks: Brownouts, heavy rain, and bordom. Be safe to all my fellow south Floridians!

2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Keep your bass dry! :help:

3. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    NOOOOOOO!!!! Not the furious Traben!!!!

4. BassDmb18

BassDmb18

Dec 28, 2002
    Davie, FL
    The Traben, and all other things are in my second sotry storage space I have just down the block in public storage. I woke up this morning to see a huge tree down in the middle of the street. But surprisingly there was 3 police cars, an emergency fire crew, and a crew with a large flat-bed truck to remove the tree quickly, so at least we know that the service teams are acting quickly.

This thing is just going to be sitting over us, moving so so slowly, dumping rains and heavy winds on us. not fun down here.

5. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    I'd wanna see what it's like in person. One time, at band camp........ok sorry I know that was lame. One time while we were all vacationg at lake Mead in Nevada a few years back God struck his fist down and tried to kill me. We were all sea-dooing and all of the sudden I'm talking within a minute the sky turned dark gray and it started hailing insane bits of ice. We were completely in the middle of the lake on the sea-doos and started heading to shore full throttle. That only lasted about 15 seconds since the waves then proceeded to grow to about 8 feet in height, one after another. It was like a movie, I couldn't believe it. The worst whipping wind, hail and waves that I'll ever see. To top it off I had one of the cheap lanyard-keys and it kept falling off the key-socket. I thought I was going to seriously die, we end up getting back to shore and everyone's trucks and SUV's were picked up and washed down to the shoreline. It was supposedly the worst floodstorm that Nevada has EVER seen. It was fun yet frightening being in the middle of the lake, if anyone were to fall off they're jet-skis, I'm sure death would have been very close. Oh yeah chest fuzz, this belongs in off-topic.

6. BassDmb18

BassDmb18

Dec 28, 2002
    Davie, FL
    I erased the initial post, because I am a bigger person. And gosh darn it, people like me.