(Post)Hardcore tabs

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Supermug, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Supermug

Supermug

Jan 27, 2009
    anyone know some good hardcore / posthardcore bands with descent bass lines?
    need something new to play =p

2. arjune

arjune

Oct 8, 2006
    SF, CA
    At the Drive-In, Milemarker, Facing New York, City of Caterpillar, Fugazi, These Arms Are Snakes.

3. Alcyon

Alcyon

Jan 15, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    love your avatar, arjune... vice comics?

4. Afrokid

Afrokid

Nov 24, 2006
    as blood runs black, misery signals, august burns red, all shall perish, candiria, chiodos, between the buried and me that should cover the hardcore stuff

5. Wait, they have basslines? I thought they were all just like this:

G|----------------------------------------------
    D|----------------------------------------------
    A|-----------------------------------------------
    D|-0-0-000-0-0-000-0-0-0000-0-0-000-00-00-00-

;)

Just kidding, I played in a hardcore band called Seconds Before Burning (Now they're Lady Binn Hill) for a couple months to help them out (they were friends of mine) till they got a bass player. It was awful. Every time I tried to actually PLAY my bass it was "that doesn't really fit with the song" so most of my time was spent with my left hand picking my nose or scratching my rear end while I chugged away on a bunch of open drop Ds. A lot of hardcore music is about the rhythms I guess, and not the notes (that's cool if that's your thing though! Hooray for free choice!).

Hey, what's up with the 11 breakdowns in every 3 minute song? ;) hehe I'm just pokin' fun. No harm intended. :)

There was a band from somewhere in New York called Stifling Neglect I really dug, and their bass player Lorenz was good (and a cool dude) when they opened for us at Yesterday's in Wheeling, WV. Check 'em out if you ever get the chance, though I think they may have broken up now.

Jake

6. I just reread the original post... what is "posthardcore" as opposed to "hardcore"?

7. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Inactive

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    This one. Joe Lally's a great player.

8. MattMcCue

MattMcCue

Jul 14, 2008
    Post-hardcore is what most people would call 'screamo' lots of higher pitched singing mixed with (usually) higher pitched screams, synth, alot of dissonace.

Bands like In Fear And Faith, Drop Dead Gorgeous, Architects.

That being said, In Fear And Faith is fun to jam too, but the basslines aren't anything special.

9. Hardcore music is the funniest genre because within it, there's a million different sub-genres, and there are so many snobby "purists" for each of those sub-genres. It makes me giggle like a school girl at how ridiculous it is. I just call it all hardcore, and that seems to work for me. I like a lot of it. :)

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021