Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Post here your pics of 6 stringers i'll buy one and want to se my options

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mastesbasser, Jun 4, 2002.

1. Mastesbasser

Mastesbasser

May 20, 2002
    12 blue
    hey could you pliz post here all your ícs of 6stringer 'cause i'll buy one and want to see my options and want to se pics i would specially want to see ibanez 6 stringers THANK YOUU:D :cool:

2. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
  3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Peavey Cirrus

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ibanez SR506(Not in the same league as the Cirrus)

[​IMG]

4. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    The two on the left (Carvin LB76F, Hanewinckel Pro):

[​IMG]

5. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Geshel,

I'm curious...your Hanewinckle is beautiful, and I know the tones you downloaded a few months ago were incredible...what woods is your bass made from?

6. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Thanks :). The body is padauk with a macassar ebony top. The neck is bubinga and wenge. The light pinstripes are all pau amarello.

I haven't put it on a scale yet, but it makes for a fairly heavy combination.

7. lazybassass

lazybassass

Jan 23, 2002
    Mass
    I also remember the beautiful tones that came out of that bass. Are those custom made basses? I never really heard of them before.:rolleyes:

8. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    http://www.hguitars.com/

9. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    Nice, what is that third bass? I dig it, they have a website???

10. hey, geshel. Hows the new hanewinckel comin along? I think it loos great! I love those basses. Any progress being made?

11. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    It's a Galveston 12-string. Made in Korea. Used to be a million of them on E-Bay cheap. It would be a lot cooler if it didn't have crazy neck-dive. :( I can't stand playing it anymore.

ChrisJ, I got word from Pete that the fretless was nearing completion! Should be done in a week or so, then it'll ship. Can hardly wait!

12. Here's my Yamaha TRBJP

13. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    oh, darn- here we go again..
    [​IMG]
    the Roscoe.. and the MTD 635..
    [​IMG]

14. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    Dan's bass- i had the sister bass here for a minute- Bebensee makes a hell of a bass- Hey, Dan- you still got that thing?
    [​IMG]

15. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

WOW! Dan, mind if I ask how much that thing priced out, with all of the options? That is schaweet!!!

16. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
    Thank you. Ken did a knock-out job on that bass. He puts the same amount of care into every instrument he builds. That's why it took 17 months to complete. NO SHORTCUTS! By the way, the bass has a 1200 gritt, hand polish. It took him almost a week to do the sanding/oil finish. $4500.00 was the price last year. It may have changed.

No Adrian, I no longer have that bass. Don't ask me why 'cause I don't know either.

17. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Atlanta
    Jeepers I can't get enough of that bass, Dan.:) I can't believe that maple burl top. It's beautiful under every angle.
    I think a 36" sixer might be a tad much for me and my scrawny wrists though:D .