1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Post hoc endorsement?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by T. Brookins, Jan 2, 2017.

1. I had an idea. I'm playing the NHL Winter Classic in about an hour, and I was wondering if it would be wise to affix the company decal to the face of my instrument in hopes that I can convince artist relations to allow an artist deal after the offices reopen tomorrow.

Dunlop Super Brights sound amazing to me.

Arthur U. Poon likes this.
  2. I'm not sure I would, but that's just me.

I'll be watching the game/festivities - tear it up and enjoy the moment!

Good luck!!

T. Brookins likes this.
  3. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

I'm guessing they wait until you're well known (by name) enough before they'll be interested in talking endorsements - although I knew somebody that mentioned what they were using in an interview on a local TV station once. They got approached by the company they sang the praises of shortly afterwards. So you never know.

Arthur U. Poon and T. Brookins like this.
  4. Thank you! Two packs a year would be lovely. I think I'll just play and not make any violations and placements. Definitely don't want to be censored. I love this place.

Bassman Spiff and Arthur U. Poon like this.
  5. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    A one-off with a sticker on your bass won't get it done for a major company like Dunlop, but a track record of a handful of TV talk show appearances and semi-major tours in a band with an album out might get it done. Basically, they want to know that any comp you get will result in increased sales and/or increased prestige for their company.

6. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Inactive Commercial User

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    The Brains: FretNation.com
    Many "Endorsements" entitle the "endorsed artist" to purchase product at a "discount."

That "discount" is not always greater than what some "re-sellers" can sell the product to you directly for.

However, being an "endorsed artist" will list you on their website (bragging rights).

It doesn't hurt to ask for a deal...

hotbass57 and Jon Moody like this.
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 16, 2021