Post MP3 of your Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kridrazil, Jan 21, 2003.

1. kridrazil

Nov 10, 2002
    I searched on this forum, and it seems that there was no thread like that : Post MP3 of your Bass.

I think that I am not the only guy on this forum who would like to hear an audio exemple of Fodera, FBass, Benavente, Ken Smith, Lakland, Mike Lull ... and all kind of bass.

For those who can : record an audio exemple of just your bass and put it online (mp3, real ...)
    Post the link here with the bass and the configuration you used.

I know that it is not simple because you need the gear to record your bass and the webspace to put the audio clip online ...

Tell me what you think ?
  2. yak

Jul 30, 2002
  3. kridrazil

Nov 10, 2002
    On the G&L website :

there is some audio clips of the L-2500 and JB-2 basses (audio clips section).
  4. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer, Builder
  5. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    My bass isn't exotic, but you can hear some snappy Bartolini pickups. This is a fretless MIM J bass clip I made that my friend is nice enough to host.

Bartolini J

The first part is bridge, then both, neck, and neck played thumb/palm mute style. Please forgive my sloppy technique (ugh, especially on the first part), and bad intonation.
  6. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
  7. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses

Clean Break, Old Balls, Finster & WIMS are recorded using my Sadwosky 24 fret 5 string through an SVTII-PRO & an SVT-410HLF

"58th and Alive", "Frantic", "Abuse" & "Downtown Scene" were recorded using a '79 P/J with Warmoth rosewood neck, Duncan 1/4LBERS through an SVTIII-PRO & an SVT-410HLF.

"It Was You" was recorded live @ CBGB's using a G&L L-2500. Don't remember the Amp.
  8. here's some clips of my DP custom.

the slap riff was recorded with both pickups on single coil, a P/J setup.

the Dm scale is with both pickups humbucking.

and the song is an unfinished recording I'm doing. I have not mastered it yet, and the vocals are not laid down. But the middle has a break down with nothing but my bass. the guitar is a Dean MLX7.