Post Pedulla Rapture Pics

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Impulsee, Feb 9, 2003.

1. Please post pics of your Pedulla raptures and give them a little review. I really want one, and i wanna see different colors of them and what people think of them
  2. amac

Oct 9, 2002
    Commerce, Georgia
    Here's a pic of a PJ Rapture I had for about a month. It had a very smooth tone to it and 19mm string spacing. Birdseye maple fretboard. Very quiet electronics (9V barts).

I let it go to get a Modulus Q6, but if I'm in the market again for a five, I'll definitely be getting a Rapture. I miss it...:bawl:

3. Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Here's one I had for a few moths. Great neck, string spacing, killer fret work, world's best B string, solidly built all the way around. Dislikes? Rumbling lows and clackety high end I could never EQ out. The tone controls just weren't voiced to my liking.
  4. I could never take a good picture of it. The semi-transparent golden-gloss either becomes transparent, making it look like plain wood, or opaque, making it look yellow. Generally, people gasp. It's not freakishly amazing, like some buckeye burl or AAAA flame or whatever, but since nobody in the general community ever sees those things, they believe this bass to be gorgeous.

here is the closest I ever came to capturing the color [​IMG]

It's a tremendously alive-sounding and versatile bass. The EQ is very powerful, and can make it sound like several other basses. But the natural sound is really really useful in a band setting. Very pleasantly warm, but cutting through pretty well and just generally making the band sound full. Playability is a joke, it's so easy. I keep using less and less effort as I convince myself I really can.
    I was very unhappy with most other 5-strings, but this one requires no majorly different technique on the B string.