Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Post pics of any Frettless with ebony necks that are in the price range of 1,200 to

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fenderboy, Oct 8, 2002.

1. fenderboy

fenderboy

Jun 21, 2002
    2,000. Anyways im looking to buy a frettless, i want it to have ebony neck. Im thinking of just ordering a warwick but, im not entirley sure. So post some pics of nice fretlesses or any that you may have for sell.

2. Warwicks don't have ebony necks.

What happened to the DP?

3. fretless warwick warwicks do have ebony fingerboards.

4. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    My Streamer SI has a nice ebony board. Also my G&L JB2. Any G&L will fall into your price range and less. Warwicks too. Lakland can have ebony, but some will be out of your range. Look at Carvins, too. My LB76 has ebony, but the Barts are what make it nice. Good luck.
    Doc

5. Rod B.

Rod B.

Jun 11, 2002
    Montana
    Here's my JB-2. G&L has really poor resale value (it is climbing though), so you can pick up a used one at a very good price.

6. I assume you mean ebony fingerboard. Carvins have 'em, you could get a really nice custom for under 1200... maybe you should give us some more information on what you want if your looking for a new bass.

7. fenderboy

fenderboy

Jun 21, 2002

I never made a down payment on it so i just called it off. I really didnt want to have to wait 22 weeks. Maybe later in the year i will reconsider right now im just trying to find a good fretless. Warwicks dont have ebony fretless necks?didnt know that.

8. fenderboy

fenderboy

Jun 21, 2002
    Im looking for mostly a fretless ebony neck for one. Second either humbuckers or jazz pickups. A wood top any burl wood do or bubinga. Active or possibly passive havent made up my mind yet. price range of around 1,000 to 2,000 u.s. oh and 4 strings.

9. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i'm assuming that you mean that you want a bass with an ebony fingerboard. there's a difference between a fingerboard and neck. at any rate, here's a pic of an alembic epic...mahogany body, bubinga top, fretless ebony fingerboard, inset maple neck. active pre- and humbucking p'ups. i played this bass yesterday, and it's actually really sweet...it's at bass northwest in seattle, wa...their website is bassnw.com. you can find this in the used basses section. and oh yeah...it's only 999.00. a lotta bass for not very much. gabe and the guys at bass nw are great to deal with, so they won't give you a back door deal. check 'em out.

[​IMG]

10. fenderboy

fenderboy

Jun 21, 2002
    LOL. yes i ment fingerboard i usually don't spend much time on what i think posting but, anyways that alembic looks nice ive seen it before. how bout just putting in some name brands for me to check out.

11. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    marvel at the power of an internet search engine! bow down ye mortals! here's a link to their site, man...don't look without your checkbook in hand...or either locked away somewhere safe. ;) bass northwest