Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Post pics of your Amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ergodynebass, Sep 7, 2000.

1. Hey the other Forum has pics of Basses. Why not pics of amps?

2. gweimer

gweimer

Apr 6, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    And, as I contemplate throwing it up on Ebay:

[​IMG]

3. Raven Labs PMB-1. Ashdown ABM500 plus my favourite cab,
    Mesa Boogie 1516.

[​IMG]

4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Because they're just ugly boxes with knobs on? And one looks much like another...... well you asked ;)

5. Don't be like that Bruce. :D
    I would love to see some pics of your Eden Gear.
    I’ve heard it’s one of the best rigs you can buy.

6. Bruce Lindfield

It sounds great, but it's just a box with knobs on and if you've seen one, then you don't need to see another - they are all exactly the same. Whereas, I've never seen another bass that looks exactly like my Tobias Classic 5! ;)

If you want a pic of an Eden you can get it from their website - http://www.eden-electronics.com/300.html - mine looks exactly the same as this .

I was only joking though - if people do have unusual, unique or distinctive amps, then let's see 'em!

7. This rig doesn't specify as "looks just like any other" simply because there is no other like it...

[​IMG]

8. Bruce Lindfield

Well there's always the exception that proves the rule. ;)These cabinets are certainly "works of art"! The head looks a bit "plain" though.... only joking! Very tasteful!

Great picture Joris

9. Joris, what kind of Cabs are those?

10. Doug

Doug

Apr 5, 2000
    Buffalo, N.Y.
    Nice rig Joris! Are those cabs your own? Fill us in on the details!!

11. Hey throbbinnut,
    Thats quite a big box for 1-15".

12. Doug

Doug

Apr 5, 2000
    Buffalo, N.Y.
    Throb with the B-25! Cool amp! That ones on my wish list.

13. It sounds good. I am definitely of the old school of thought that bigger means better. I used to use a single 18" Pyle driver in a 4'x2'x2' Distex sugar scoop cabinet. That and a 100Watt Ampeg V4-B tube head is all you need. I did mount skateboard trucks on the back of it so I could flip it over and roll it around. It rocked. I'm saving up for a Fender 300 PS 4x12 Bass cab right now. Anything to fart out that 1970's tone! :D

Chris

14. Man... is my ego big or what? What was I thinking when I posted that picture? Nevertheless I enjoy the neverending proverbal "aaahhhhs" when folks see this rig.

The head is a 300W mosfet Class A head. No tone controls. With those cabs I don't need tone controls. I don't use the head with this rig anymore. A Yamaha Power amp replaced it. I have a small homebuilt 2x8 cab which matches the mosfet head perfectly. Below is a picture of this setup.

The cabinets are homebuilt. They are Boulder Yellowstone 112 cabinets. Because last June I got the idea of starting a business, building cabinets. These Yellowstones have a near-perfect frequency response (25-20,000 Hz). Maybe a few gaps and bumps in the spec graph, but at 120 dB I couldn't care less. The only drawback is they're as power hungry as Acme cabs, and they're only 150 Watts a piece. So on stage, I have to be very careful not to overload them.

Here's my practise and "unplugged session" setup, with my cat Gizmo on top. Cats always sit on something warm... be it your lap or your amp...

[​IMG]

15. hehe, I remember this thread from a while ago =P this one's missing the almighty floating bass head.. hehe oh well.. here's a few of my stuff =)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-Willz

16. jwoertz

jwoertz

Mar 28, 2000
    Pennsylvania
  17. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    The almighty floating bass head...

Amplified Music Products BH-420

[​IMG]

18. Matthias

Matthias

May 30, 2000
    Vienna, Austria
    Bruce's statement about the ugly boxes with some knobs on them is really, really funny - I have to agree!
    As always in life, there is one exception: my amp! ;)
    Look at this:
    [​IMG]
    the labels are illuminated of cause, looks way cool.
    sorry I have no picture of my little Ampeg SVR215 yet.

Matthias

BTW: Joris' cabs DO look great, but 'cabs' is another category than 'heads' ;)

[Edited by Matthias on 09-09-2000 at 12:48 PM]

19. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    Here ya go.....a square black box with knobs....:D

[​IMG]

My Ampeg BA-112....:)