Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Post pics of your band

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Figjam, Feb 22, 2004.

1. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
  2. Brilliant pic....
    Perfect influences....
    Great poster...

3. Introvox

Introvox

May 21, 2001
    Ontario, Canada
  4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    We like Godins :)

(bassomatic...were you being sarcastic?)

5. Actually, no.

It doesn't get any more pure and honest than that pic. Geddy, Jaco and Chris are, (were) all trailblazers.
    What can you say about the poster?

Here's the funny part. I sent the link to the guitarist I play with, because it reminded me of us back in high school practicing in my room. He just called me to say he saw this pic on thenoise.com message board.

You guys are darn near famous at this point.

6. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Could i get a link to that message board? Ive never been there.

EDIT: I think i found the forum..but what thread did he see the pic in?

7. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
  8. Uh, why aren't you wearing any pants? Was it getting hot there? So you took off all your... (sorry)

Do you guys do Run To The Hills? Too damn funny, man...

9. Oh yeah, forgot to mention... I also do striptease. It used to be a part of our show, back when I was in better shape. We´d play "Let´s Go Disco" (by Real Thing I think) and during the hand clapping break I would take off my clothes. When the song ended I would lift my bass and show my crotch; there would always be something new covering my precious bits and people would laugh. Sometimes I´d be lazy and just show the whole thing. People laughed anyway :bawl:

Anyways the bride and the groom had once seen that show (In fact they might have met on gig) and insisted that I´ll do it in their wedding. What can you do, the customer is always right.

Mind you, I´ve put off a lot of weight after that gig, so I might start undressing again. It gets so darn hot onstage sometimes!

10. no4mk1

no4mk1

Feb 21, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    [​IMG]

My band 50 Grit playing before a Seattle Sounders game at Seahawks Stadium.

Cheers,
    Chris

11. murdermilk

murdermilk

Feb 5, 2004
    Is that a Jag-Stang?

12. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    No.

I forgot what that is but its definetly not a Jagstang.

Peace
    Nick

13. no4mk1

no4mk1

Feb 21, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    It's a custom Jag body (I believe it's a Stevens, but I'm not sure) with strat electronics and hardtail bridge. The neck is a generic tele neck he picked up on Ebay. It plays like a mutha!

Cheers,
    Chris

14. Covers, metal/children's music, big band, accordion, and striptease; you must be one helluva entertainer, dude (either that or bats**t insane :p )

15. Just don´t get me started on my drag queen days...

16. murdermilk

murdermilk

Feb 5, 2004
    I've never been a guitar guy, but that guitar looks like love.

I actually think the Jagstang was pretty ugly and that Jags are passable, but the tele headstock really does something for me.