post pics of your modified basses!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FiveStringsNme, Aug 26, 2003.

1. Yea man, post pics of basses you've altered in any way....other than setup and string know...added pups, changed necks, taking the frets out, etc! post pics!
  2. Here's my dad's 74 P-bass,
    First he changed the neck to a fretless
    then added a SD Jazz pickup, and a Bart P-bass pickup, and a Badass 2 bridge, and a brass pickguard, which looks gross on natural. and he then added amgeg B-15 portaflex amp knobs!...*shudders*, it looks gross, but probably sounded great. He go rid of it awile ago (the 80's)
  3. ah man.........I never judged a bass by its looks....nice pic....reminds me of my buddy's converted fretless 68' p-bass
  4. My MIM Jazz Bass. I dropped a pair or Barts, and a J-retro. Sounds sweeeeeeeeeeet!

Also, I have a squier Bronco Bass that i'm almost done defretting at the moment. I'll try and remember to get pics up ASAP
  5. awesome man!.........tell me how it sounds minus the frets, too...........
  6. ...and dont forget the COOLEST bass in the WORLD (and the inpiration for my dream bass, which I do plan to do)

Ladies and gentlemen, Billy Sheehan`s

"The Wife"

and talk about modified??...the only thing original is the body and whats left of the pickguard. The neck is a 68 tele bass neck, with replacement tuners and a hipshot "d" tuner, a gibson EB-O pickup at the neck, replacement shaller bridge, dimarzio P pickup,

7. Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    I have no modded bass, but here's my guitar, plenty modded for your viewing pleasure.
  8. Prahainspring

Oct 22, 2002
    New Jersey!!!!!!!
    Since this is the perfect thread to show my bass, where can I buy a J-retro? and i'll post it as soon as I get it. another thing is can I put this into a passive bass? or does it have to be in a Active bass?
  9. seriously didn't know :meh:
    thanks for enlightening me..I just sadly haven't read about J-bass mods and stuff cuz I don't play J-basses(just yet)
  10. Would it be possible to put the J-retro on an active bass like a MIA Deluxe Jazz? I like the idea of switching to passive mode once in a while.
  11. Prahainspring

Oct 22, 2002
    New Jersey
    Sorry about that, I did'nt realize that was a site:rolleyes:
    How do you replace the battery?
  12. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    :bassist: friggin sweet bass Smash!!!

Here is my altered Strat... Purple Moto guard and black accessory kit.

Tough to see... but my Bart loaded defretted & Epoxied Hamer
  13. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    THIS bass used to have frets, no pickup or electronics. I took the frets out, added a SD Quarter Pound pickup. It could use a new bridge too.

Oh... and it used to be white ;)
  14. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Ill second that. I dont really like block inlays, but i love them on that color bass :D
  15. Minimaul

Jun 22, 2003
    My digi cam broke. But the only thing I've done to my bass is put a bunch of stickers on it. hey. It's a cheap bass I got 3 years ago. And is my 'newb' bass. The knobs fell off a few years ago. heh. And today I super-clued beer bottle caps to them. :oops:

no cam... sorry.
  16. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    hahahahaha! Cool! I wanna see that.
  17. By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    The bass on the right is my very first bass. A Squire Bullet bass from the mid 80's.
    The following are Mods done over 15 years ago:

Warmoth Neck
    Carvin P/U
    Shaller Bridge.

And the paint has been completely stripped down to bare wood.

18. Corwin81

Mar 18, 2003
    Ames, IA
    [​IMG] my "vintage" 2000 Squier P-Bass Special. has a '62RI P pickup in it. stock jazz pickup(hardly use it).
  19. Not a good close up but very modified![​IMG]