1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Post pics of your roscoes

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JoelEoM, Nov 14, 2002.

1. JoelEoM

JoelEoM

Mar 11, 2002
    Lancaster, PA
    post pics of your roscoes, and tell me what woods were used in the bass...im especially interested in 6er's, and even more interested in fretless. but any roscoe will do. im trying to get ideas down for what woods i'd like to use. when i ever get the money together for a fretless 6, i dont want to piss around with deciding what woods i want.

2. I'm also interested in seeing pics of Roscoe basses.:)

3. JoelEoM

JoelEoM

Mar 11, 2002
    Lancaster, PA
    shush, both of you.:)

pics of roscoe BASSES please.

4. ivanthetrble

ivanthetrble

Sep 9, 2002
    Orygun
    My cat (Ivan) and my Roscoe SKB 3005

[​IMG]

ITT

5. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Atlanta
    Sweet Roscoe Ivan...
    I think I've always wanted to A/B a Roscoe with a cat.:D

6. Here's my Roscoes.

7. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Here's a picture of my fretted LG-3005 Natural exibition Quilt w/Spalted Purple Heart Fingerboard. It's also the natural Quilt and Spalted Purpleheart fingerboard shown in the gallery on Roscoe's Web site. I've also got a fretless SKB-3005 natural Box Elder Burl w/Diamond wood lined fingerboard coming soon (week 13 of construction!)! Good things come those that wait!
    :)

8. BTBbassist

BTBbassist join us for mankala hour!

Apr 20, 2002
    Westlake Village, CA
    yum...nice Roscoe's guys...I especially like that purpleheart FB on the 2nd one...stunning, beautiful contrast with the body

:eek:

9. Chris_Brunhaver

Chris_Brunhaver Supporting Member

May 4, 2001
    Puyallup, WA
  10. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Good looking bass Chris!:D
    Looks like a 7 string SKB version of my LG 5!

11. JoelEoM

JoelEoM

Mar 11, 2002
    Lancaster, PA
    very nice basses guys. after looking around a bit, i think i would like burl wood of some type, but im still not positive. boogiebass has a beautiful roscoe, with a matching dyed diamondwood fretboard. something like i would like, just a lighter color wood.

12. Chris_Brunhaver

Chris_Brunhaver Supporting Member

May 4, 2001
    Puyallup, WA
    Yeah JOME77, they look like they were seperated at birth. :) I like the wilder sapwood on your fingerboard and tighter quilted top though. Keith does make some great instruments. There is a nice roscoe for sale with a maple burl top for sale
    here.

-Chris

13. Thumper

Thumper

Mar 22, 2000
    Syracuse Ut
    Chris, the one for sale is mine, it was hands down my favorite bass before I went fretless (the photo does not do it justice). BTW, this isn't a self promoting post, I have an interesting trade in the works (alas, not a Roscoe fretless, they are harder to come by than SKBs), just passin' time on another I'm not into work Friday.

14. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Thumper,
    That is one great looking bass! I've got an SKB-3005 fretless Box Elder Burl coming in a couple of weeks.:D

15. Thumper

Thumper

Mar 22, 2000
    Syracuse Ut
    Jome, yeah, I know, I've been tracking yours with some interest and envy. I guess if I ever thin the herd some I can commission something like that. For now, it's used only, and to narrow the search even more, I prefer the SKB body, although I am keeping the NAAM faux marble LG (at "her" demand). I wish photo's could capture the beauty of my SKB. Where the dark spots are, it's really a kind of clear amber with suspended flecks of what appear to be gold. Hmmm, maybe I should just keep it.

16. Why must I shush? I just want to see pics of Roscoe Basses too.:confused:

It looks like you guys like the Spalted Purpleheart fingerboards. How do they sound? I'm assuming they're a bit like Maple.

17. Thumper

Thumper

Mar 22, 2000
    Syracuse Ut
    IMO, spalted boards are a cross between maple and rosewood, good crisp highs, and booming lows, of course the rest of the bass does contribute as well.

18. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    This one has LED's and a rather unusual, dark Brazillian Rosewood board. Flame maple top.

[​IMG]

This is my fretless; it's been posted here a lot. Exhibition walnut crotch burl top, mahogany body, flame maple/purpleheart neck, diamondwood board.

[​IMG]

Lastly, my current favorite and the only bass I seem to be taking to gigs these days. Ebony board, cocobolo top, Spanish cedar body. Custom abalone inlays on the headstock by J. DiMaggio.

[​IMG]

19. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Here's the headstock shot of the 7:

[​IMG]