Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Post pics of Zon basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nirvanarules28, May 13, 2001.

1. nirvanarules28

nirvanarules28

Mar 7, 2001
    I've only seen a few Zon basses, and I think they are awesome. For my viewing pleasure, and everyone else's, I am asking people to post pics of Zon basses. Thanx and enjoy!

2. stroy05

stroy05 Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2001
    Houston, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Fodera Basses, Noble Amps, Aguilar Amps, JHAudio Inears
  3. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
  4. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
  5. p0w3rman5ooo

p0w3rman5ooo

Aug 27, 2000
    thats a badassed bass brad, im guessing that was expensive

6. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    I want that one!!
    [​IMG]

with brad's zon, it's one the greatest one I seen.

The picture is not working, but it's the one from stroy05
    with the flame top and the lane poor pick ups.

I want it!

What kind of preamp do you have in it?

7. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    :D

Nope. It was a deal I got from a soon to be former Zon dealer a few years back... $1500. I'm still grinning.

8. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    My soon to be former Sonus...

[​IMG]

Will C.:cool:

9. nirvanarules28

nirvanarules28

Mar 7, 2001
    Hey Brad, that bass is awesome! How much did you get it for??? I would like a ZON sometime. :)

10. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Thanks, N. $1500. You can find used Sonuses in this price range. Legacy Standards have been discontinued so they're hard to come by. They have a bolt-on instead of set neck, which affects the tone.

11. Speaking of Zons.. I can't believe no one has jumped on this yet. This was up for auction once already, and it ended with no bids! Now it's back up, and the price is ridiculous.. I mean, stupid low. I have no connection to the seller, although he's located about an hour from me and I am sorely tempted to go check this thing out..
    http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1430917347

12. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    The Hyperbass is what I'd call one of the "ultimate niche" basses. You have an extremely narrow market for that bass. While it seems like an incredibly cool idea, think about how many people need to be able to detune on that level. Then think about how many can deal with 30+ fret intonation:eek:

Here's a bass with a long eBay history...

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1430454195

I'd buy it if I needed or wanted a nice 6.

13. You're right about that Hyperbass, Brad. That's one of those basses that, if I had money to burn, I would feel compelled to buy just because it was such an incredible deal. But, as you say, it is the ultimate niche bass.
    I still can't believe no one has even bid on it, though!!

14. coyoteboy

coyoteboy easy there, Ned Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    Well, I think that Hyperbass would be worth it simply as a wonderful fretless, never mind the detuners and 36 fret positions.

Nice deal for the greenie, Brad. I got a similar deal on a MINT used Lightwave 5 for $1600. Unbeleivable!! It sounds amazing with the Thomastik nylon-cores on it.

Don't have a pic for that one yet, but heres my blondie...

15. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Where'd you get the Zon, coyoteboy? I reserved one from a certain guy, and he sold it out from under me like 2 days later...

16. coyoteboy

coyoteboy easy there, Ned Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    Uh oh. I hate sticky stuff. The Custom pictured I bought new. the Lightwave was seen on Bassgear.com. Walnut top. Sold by an online bass trader that seems to have had a lot of basses go through his hands, although I don't think he is trading anymore. I hesitate to directly identify him, if bad feelings exist.

17. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
  18. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    I know, Dave, it's hard for me to believe, too but I've seen this happen a bunch of times. I ran into the same thing to a lesser degree a couple of years ago when I bought a brand new Alembic Series I for $5500 off retail and couldn't move it for what I had in it ($2200).