Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Post pictures of basses with LED's

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Scott D, Aug 13, 2003.

1. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Hey, could all you people with LED's post pics? i've never seen a bass with LED's. i really want to see what they look like unlit, and lit up.

thanks.

2. Hmmm. I have no artistics pics of my basses with the LEDs on, so all I can do is post this link to lots of examples for now: Sims Custom LEDs

One side note (pun intended)... I've noticed that when the side LEDs are off, it's the equivalent of having no side markers at all. Just a consideration for you.

3. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Man those look real cool.

4. Professor X

Professor X

Apr 15, 2002
    Motown
    LEDs ON :D (Hard to see in this photo...)

[​IMG]

5. RawBassist

RawBassist

Sep 1, 2002
    USA
    man that so rocks, except for the single cutaway....

6. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Here's a pic of an Alembic I used to own that had red side LEDs. Now I have a different Alembic with red side LEDs and another Alembic with amber side LEDs. Pix of those are not quite as good as this one.

[​IMG]

Peace,

James

7. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Here's one of the not so good pics. This is in a room with the lights off and LEDs on both basses glowing.

[​IMG]

Peace,

James

8. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Malthumb, in the first pic, are the red LEDs off? I'm having red one put in for the side dots on a bass being built, and I want to make sure they'll be plenty visible (like those ones are) when they are not turned on.

9. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    They were on. The lights in the room were on, too, so some of the luminescence is blunted.

Peace,

James

10. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Ok. Got any pics of them when they're off by any chance?