Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Post pix of your FX rig!!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Mad Subwoofer, Apr 11, 2002.

1. BF moved my favourite thread? Well...I'm starting another!! Hear are some recent rig shots of my dub machine signal chain...what do ya think?

[​IMG]

2. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
  3. Well that's a tidy little setup KB..nifty pedalboard.
    I bought this board and have been trying to work up the nerve to wire it with all my spare Monster bass cable bits...

[​IMG]

I have a Morgan Miller, three loop CPR as the "brain."

1st loop>Korg G5

2nd loop>EBS oct>Mutron III+>Mutron III>DOD FX25>Chunk fuzz>P+C>EBS BassIQ

3rd loop>MXR Phase 90

Then to my Akai Headrush>Mesa M-2000>EB/MM2x12's.
    The CPR means i can turn any or all my FX off/on at once...and it's true bypass!

4. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    My pedalboard was homemade. I have a powerstrip and switchmode powersupply under the step.
    It fits very nicely in one of the black "carry-on" style suitcases (the kind with wheels and a pull up handle)
    I'd love to get another nice effect for the lower tier beside the wah, I am considering a Deep Impact for there.

-KB

5. C'mon guys...this thread isn't just about product placement; let's SEE your FX rigs! I've looked at those pictures so many times at all those retail sites....I wanna see YOUR setup!

6. OK....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. not really yet.. but it will be like this before the end of the year..

Tuner, overdrive & phase/volume pedal already present.

[​IMG]

8. [​IMG]

From top to bottom, left to right:

- Digitech Studio Quad V2, 4 in 4 out multi effects processor
    - Boss VF-1, guitar oriented all-round multi effects processor
    - Boss RPQ-10, preamplifier and 2-band parametric equalizer
    - Rack tuner, power meter and power supply unit
    - Roland AP-700, advanced equalizing processor

9. this is what it SHOULD look like very very soon:
    Akai headrush may become Line6 Delay Modeler

10. Hmm...more boxes than me. I am going to have to do something about that...!
    One advantage of the DL4 is that you can twist the knobs for real-time effecting. You can't do that with the Akai; you get "zippering." I really love my Headrush. I find the looper to be way more intuitive than the DL4 which I just kinda don't like....no paticular reason.

11. Mohawk Freak

Mohawk Freak

Mar 8, 2002
    London
    Hey geddy, how's it going on the bass whammy? Is yours the current bid at $101? (don't worry, I PROMISE I won't bid against you. I'm skint!)

12. Ok, I don't know If should really be showing this off as it isn't even wired up yet. That will be one big project when i can work up the nerve for...
    CPR is the brain, into the 'Rush, into my Mesa head. 1st loop has the G5. 2nd loop has the EBS oct>Mutron III+>Mutron III>DOD>Chunk fuzz>EBS BassIQ>P+C. 3rd loop has the MXR Phase 90. My pedal board is butt-heavy.

[​IMG]

13. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    wow, not geddy, that is so close to my dream effects pedal board...[sniffle, sniffle]

how is the BF-3? i hope it is as awesome as i think it is; i plan on getting one.

my current effects "rig":

[from instrument]
    ll
    DOD FX25B
    ll
    Boss ODB-3
    ll
    Crate BFX100

i usually never have both on at the same time. in fact, i hardly use the effects!

i'm sure that'd change once i get a true bypass box. when i do, it'd be more like this:

[from instrument]
    ll
    bypass box=DOD env.=ODB-3= BF-3 = DD-3
    ll
    amp