Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Post some amp pictures

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by throbbinnut, Aug 2, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Here's my current workhorse. Ampeg B-25B born in New Jersey, Peavey 1-15 with Altec Lansing 15" woofer.

More pictures of my amps to come! Post your rig.

Chris

[​IMG]

2. Neat - how do you post pictures ?

3. This is my peavey 4x10 cab take from afar in my bedroom.. I'll have my hartke 3500 soon =)

[​IMG]

-willz

[This message has been edited by ikickuintheballs (edited August 02, 2000).]

4. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Here's my Amplified Music Products (AMP) amplifier. 400w@4ohms. Fairly rare. It's great [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. look! it's floating.. hehe very nice head man =)

6. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John M. Cote:
    Neat - how do you post pictures ?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

On the posting/editing page there is a link to "UBB Code is ON.

http://www.talkbass.com/ubb/ubbcode.html

This explains it all. Basically you wrap the URL of the picture with [​IMG] like this:
    [​IMG]

The picture needs to be on a website first. If you don't have one, free hosting is available. I use www.photopoint.com

7. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ikickuintheballs:
    look! it's floating.. hehe very nice head man =) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only one of it's many talents [​IMG]

Your name hurts.

*ouch*

8. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    ikickuintheballs? throbbinnut? Did I miss a memo or something?

Brad Johnson

Hey, wait a minute....Johnson?? [​IMG]

9. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brad Johnson:
    ikickuintheballs? throbbinnut? Did I miss a memo or something?

Brad Johnson

Hey, wait a minute....Johnson?? [​IMG]

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hehe.. watch out man.. j/k =) this is my aol screen name and I didn't feel like using the same bbs name I use everywhere =) (pastorofmuppets)

-Willz

10. Here is my main rig.

[​IMG]

11. number28

number28

May 4, 2000
    spike, you are one lucky motherfrigger. Nice rig chief.

12. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Hmmm...alright for the bedroom, but I'm not sure I'd want to get it up or down a long flight of stairs; which is where most of my gigs seem to be ! [​IMG]

13. Spike,

That's a nice cabinet.

Let me try this again...

My main rack:

[​IMG]

[This message has been edited by Sapo (edited August 04, 2000).]

14. Doug

Doug

Apr 5, 2000
    Buffalo, N.Y.
    Spike, how do you like the ART Nightbass unit? I've yet to try one out. Nice Rig BTW.

Those Mesa are really a bear to lug. I swear my 4-10" Mesa weighs as much as my Ampeg 8-10".

[This message has been edited by Doug (edited August 04, 2000).]

15. Mark Gollihur

Mark Gollihur Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 19, 2000
    Gloucester County, NJ
    Owner/President, Gollihur Music LLC
    Unfortunately, I don't have any good pics of the rig at this moment - I plan to have my dad over with his digital camera sometime soon - here's a diagram of the components of my insane rig.

[​IMG]

Wacky, huh?

------------------
    Mark Gollihur
    Bassist, Second Story
    http://www.second-story.net
    http://www.mp3.com/secondstory

16. *drool starts to drip down his face*

spike what Hartke model is that? the 3500..5000..7500? hehe I'm getting my Hartke3500 head monday!! =) hehe I'm so happy!... going from my fender 15watt practice amp to my hartke 350 watt head.. hahaha.. this will rule =)

-Willz

17. Ikickuintheballs,
    It's a 3500. I have two in case I use stereo with a Ric. I love Hartke amps and although I have a couple of tube amps, I find that the Hartke's get used the most. I'm sure you will be happy with your new one.
    Don't understand why people seem to knock them so much. What cab are you going to use with it?

Doug,
    The Nightbass S E is ok, but a bit complicated, although I only use it on a couple of songs live. I'm not really into effects in a big way and just dial in a subtle amount through the Fx loop, and just when they're necessary. Used to use it more when I was recording. I just got rid of my Ampeg 8x10. My Mesa is bit lighter and at least it has handles, unlike that monster 8x10.:D

Bruce,
    Luckily we have two roadies who don't charge us too much, and a secure lock up so, thank God, I don't have to lug it about too often these days.:)

Lots of very nice gear on this page, love your rack Sapo.

First time I've used this new site layout. I think I like it, hope I've got the icons to work.

18. I'm going to be using it with my peavey 4x10.. it'll do for now =) what are some good EQ settings? I want a nice deep but punchy tone for rock =P hehe I'm too lazy to figure out a good one other than a happy face. well I'm off, later!

-Willz

19. Thanks spike =) A few ppl had a very similar setting that I do! I was glad to see that =) Time to go surf to bbs =) lata!

-Willz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.