1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Post Some Cool Chord progressions

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by All_¥our_Bass, Oct 17, 2006.

1. All_¥our_Bass

All_¥our_Bass

Dec 26, 2004
    I don't know any really good chord progressions and would like you guys to sugest some. And don't post a song if you aren't going to post the progression as well. Although midis, guitar pro, or power tab is a nice extra touch, please also post the progression in plain text. I don't wanna have to download 25+ files just to see the progressions. I don't care if the progression is happy or sad or whatever, as long as you like it and think it's good, I like to mix up styles a lot so style isn't a "problem" either. I also did a search and didn't find a threads dedicated to this so if there already is one I didn't see it.

2. I-IV-IIm7-V-I

I-IV-V11-V7-I

I-I7-IV-IIm7-V11-V7-I

3. All_¥our_Bass

All_¥our_Bass

Dec 26, 2004
    Bump!!

How come nobody is responding. It's seems I can find mentions of chord progression everywhere except a thread made specifically for it.

4. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    I don't know any cool chord progressions, but some I've worked with are:

I-vi-IV-V
    I-IV-I-V (lotsa bluegrass stuff)
    I-IV-V-IV
    iii-vi-ii-V-I

That's all I can think of at the moment.

5. steveb98

steveb98 [acct disabled - multiple aliases]

Mar 15, 2006
    Venice, CA
    Add the basic chord movement of Jazz II-V-I. You look at Standard's and other tunes and you will see II-V-I's all over.

Also II-V-I-I, III-Vi-II-V-I.

Back in music school my teacher said every piece of music is a II-V-!, when you realize IV is a sub of II, III and VI are sub's for I, and Vii is a sub of V.

Grab a basic music composition book and read on strong chord/bass movement and you will have the progressions to 95% of all music.

6. 64jazzbass

64jazzbass

Sep 5, 2002
    Chicago, Il
    Not to be obnoxious, but get yourself a Real Book and study some of the Jazz standards!!!! You'll find plenty of cool chord progressions.;)