Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Post your armadillo pictures...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by dlloyd, Jul 9, 2005.

1. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Scotland
    I'm not joking! I need photos of armadillos. They're my three year old son's favourite animal.

I'm going to get a t-shirt made for him and I need pictures to draw from.

2. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    While I don't have any pix, I must relate that I "Swear to God" that I saw (several years ago) an armadillo walking across Boulder Highway in Henderson (Las Vegas) NV. in front of my truck. Now I've never heard of them in Nevada (although I think the climate would be OK for them here), but I've seen enough of them in my many drives across the southern US to know when I'm seeing one. To this day no one believes me ("sniff"). :crying:

3. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan

I call BS.

:D

4. I think I've seen some sort of guitar-like stringed instrument w/the hollowed-out shell of an armadillo forming the back, or 'bowl', of the soundbox. In Mexico, or South America somewhere. Am I trippin'?

5. PhatBasstard

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Yeah....but you're from Bakersfield. :rolleyes: :smug: :D

6. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    I saw one in Florida once. Granted I've only been to Florida once and em not sure how to spell Florida. Sure it was dark and I'm blind out of one eye and can't see out of the other but hell I seen what I seen. What I seen was one those Armadilla's.
    Then I went to Gator land and they said they had Armadilly living with a Land dwelling turtle and a snake with a rattle on its tail. Quite a lovely story. hard to beleave that Fox didn't pick the story up and make it some crappy reality show. A vary liberal Armadilly and a vary conservative turtle liveing with a a venamous snake keeping them up all night with it rattleing and hissing. Sounds like good watching.

7. I saw a mother Armidillo with it's cute wittle baby walking right behind it in the woods of Florida. It was pretty cool.

8. PhatBasstard

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    No, it was an Ovation. :p

9. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan

Ya. You root for the Wranglers. Tell me, how'd they finish the season? I can't quite remember...

;)

10. Steve

Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    A lot of people don't know it but Armadillos are bad drunks.

I found this little guy passed out on the side of the road last year at Daytona Bike Week.

11. PhatBasstard

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Uh...NO, I don't. :spit:
    There's NFL, then NBA playoffs, sometimes the World Series....in that order.
    Everything else finishes below Pro-Wrestling. :p

12. PhatBasstard

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    At least you posted a picture.
    I am truely sorry for where I've steered this thread. :(

:p

13. Steve

Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    well, they are elusive little creatures....
    you know the old joke,

Why did the chicken cross the road?

To prove to the Armadillo that it could in fact, be done.

14. I was in Texas over the weekend of July 4th, my 2nd trip across the Mississippi, and I was disappointed not to see ANY armadillo, living or dead. I want my money back.

15. Mobay45

Mobay45 The artist formerly known as "Big Daddy"

Apr 28, 2004
    Irving, TX
    I've got a pic somewhere at home of 3 that were scavenging in my back yard a few summers ago, but it's not digital. It was so hot that they came out a lot during the day. I had another one digging up my flowers in that back yard a couple of weeks ago. No pic though. I'll try to get the camera the next time I catch one in the yard.

16. MY armadillo. I got it from a Fresno's years ago, and it's been my mascot at shows ever since. It either sits on top of my rack in my briefcase, OR where it's sitting in the pic, nestled in the drummers kit. This lil bastard has never missed a show!

[​IMG]