1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Post Your Band Photos

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by Matt Dean, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Matt Dean

Matt Dean Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    SF (North) Bay Area
    Band photos are often a PITA to shoot. They often look corny and sometimes look awesome. I tend to like straight forward band photos that utilize backgrounds that do not detract from the band itself, but also like to inject movement or something that makes it interesting.

Here is the latest photo for one band I'm in for an upcoming gig.

I think it would be interesting to see what others are using for band photos... please post.

IMG_7245 (1).jpg

IMG_2904.jpg

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  2. El Thumpo

El Thumpo Four strings, no waiting Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2006
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Where is this gig? I'm also in the North Bay but don't recognize the address.

3. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    Augusta GA
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.

Attached Files:

Fran Diaz likes this.
  4. I dunno. Is it possible to have a brick wall AND train tracks in the shot?

There's a place not far from here that has both, plus a river nearby.

If the whole band wears all black and stares at the sky in different directions, the photo could break the Internet.

Steve Boisen likes this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 14, 2021