1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Post Your Bass Multi-Effects Pedals! Part One

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TheWolf, Sep 9, 2008.

1. As the title says Post Pictures of your Bass Multi-Effects Pedals... Zooms, Rocktrons, Boss,... I know they are all going to be alike but the rest of the pictures will not (Backgrounds with Basses, Cabs...etc) :hyper:

How about a blurb what you like or dislike about the ones you own, and any upgrades you have made Patches,Settings...

I had series GAS for a bunch of pedals but if I get the Zoom B9 after this thread it might cure me for awhile... till I get some hands on time with the Eventide Modulator etc

2. Here's my old Zoom 607

zoom607.

It was the first effect pedal i ever bought.

To be honest, it's terrible!

The drive is digital and fake, the amp modelling and compression just makes the bass sound dead, the modulation is very thin sounding, as is the pitch shift/octaver. The delay and reverb are plastic sounding, and the expression pedal has a sweep so small it may as well be a momentary switch!

Oh, and dont even get me started on the tone suck when it's "bypassed"

But, having said all that, it was a great pedal to introduce me to effects, and teach me what each effect does and how it does it.

It was cheap too! :smug:

3. ue303b.

here is my pride any joy!!!

4. CIMG0515.

^^^
    my baby +wah + Some Leads + apart of my slipper + soe of my amp

yay :)

5. oooo, I always wanted one of those, I bought the zoom B2 cos it was the cheapest most decent thing I could find,... its not bad but its far from excellent and I really only use it as a unit to play headphones through now!

hows the expression pedal on it? or do you just use the morley?

6. Great Stuff...That Ibanzez must howl with the TS-808 chips in it. That is getting to be worth some serious coinage :p

7. justdave42

justdave42

Sep 20, 2007
    Almost everything on my board could be considered a multi effect :)

pedals.

8. Nah, the morley is only for wah, where as i use the expression pedal for

Osscolation control
    a synthy type wah
    a whammy pedal
    and other parameter controls

others pro's are that its really cheep (i got mine for £125) which is good and it has pretty much every effect under the sun, and a head phone socket and stereo out

9. How's the BOSS Slicer ? SL-20

10. That is funny because it is almost exactly my story. I still use it a little with headphones to test stuff I'm tweaking, but it alters the sound so bad I can only test if it 'works' and have to wait until I get to my rig (which is usually camped at my drummers house) to do an actual tone test.

I couldn't believe the jump Zoom made in quality from the 607 to the B2. It's really an incredible advancement.

Here's mine:
    powerJPG.

I have more but none could really qualify as 'multi'.

11. No pix but I am currently using a Zoom B2.1u and quite like it. Zoom has really improved overall and the new control really allows me to nail the tones I go after.

12. justdave42

justdave42

Sep 20, 2007
    VERY cool.

13. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

The Korg AX-1B is never far from my rig or pedal board.
    I bought it when it first got out, over 10 years ago.
    I know it indise out and get the tones I look for very easily.
    I now have 3 of them, in case it lets me down.
    This one is customized with a Gameboy magnifier and a metal plate for the expression pedal.

[​IMG]

It missed a backlight on the LCD screen (hence the Gameboy device), distortions are almost useless and the bypass is terrible.
    On the positive side it's small, easy to program and the most musical multi unit I ever tried.

14. justdave42

justdave42

Sep 20, 2007
    I used one for years. Great multi!

15. bass_snake

bass_snake Banned

Aug 13, 2008
    Stouffville, Ontario
    I had the same one for my guitar which I gave away to my buddy. It sucked! :rollno:

16. Envy. That is what I have. Envy.

17. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I have a Digitech BP-200 I bought years ago, it was my first effect. I kept it on my board because I used the whammy/wah and a few of the modeling effects to create different tones.

18. fake-bass

fake-bass

Oct 17, 2006
    Hobart
    foots.

19. i2k

i2k

Oct 31, 2000
    Indonesia
    My Yamaha Magicstomp. The modulations are thick and the fuzz/OD/distortion sound very well thru the fx loop of the Microbass. I still keep that Boss BF2B on the board for sentimental reason (it's my first fx ever....bought that almost 17 yrs ago).

IMG_1139.

20. OhThePeacock

OhThePeacock

Sep 15, 2007
    Wausau, WI
    Man those old Ibanez analog multis look awesome.