Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Post your Boston area Shows!!!

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Tunaman, Sep 4, 2005.

1. Tunaman

Tunaman

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    Lets try a little experiment to try to check each other out. I know that I love going to see damn good bass players. Hell ideally we could team up a bunch of well drawing bands for a show! Maybe we can get a guest list swap too so post your shows, lets see each other & keep your Guest list open for some TBers!!! Just PM me if you want in...
    I'm Mike & I'm in Say When
    www.saywhenmusic.com
    Let me know what you think

2. sleeplessknight

sleeplessknight Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    I dunno what styles you're looking for, I run (and play bass in) a very popular Worcester jazz/funk band. Check us out, we're always open to new places to play:
    Sleepless Knights
    Also, check out our new CD

--Lee

3. Tunaman

Tunaman

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    Its all good, this post could be about hooking up in the Boston area for collaboration OR just catching good bass players around the city. Life is good baby.

4. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Sounds great. Make sure you go to Wally's and the Middle East to recruit new bassists......ahhhh Boston....I miss her so. Sailing in the harbor (hahbah), Downtown Crossing, The Cape...great memories there

5. Well, I just played B.U. Thursday, but that was closed-campus...I have a show on the 23rd at Ralph's in Worcester (a Katrina-aid benefit)

some more waiting to be confirmed, will post as they progress.

www.myspace.com/curtainsociety

6. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    Where's Ralph's at? What time is the show?

I'll talk to Henry and see if he'll meet me there. I wouldn't mind seeing you in action.

7. Hey Joe, sorry for the delay... Ralph's is in Chadwick Square...it's an "expanded" diner car (a diner car attached to a really big club) on Grove St. Do you know where Jillian's in Worcester is? It's about a 7 iron from it, behind rainbow furniture.

It would be really cool if you guys came....drinks would be on me. :D

Ron

8. sgt.floyd

sgt.floyd

Dec 5, 2004
    basston
    No shows booked at the moment, but we are a Boston Jazz band.

the Homeland Security Orchestra-

www.myspace.com/thehso

We're always ready if anyone has the need!

9. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m

Drinks are on you? Body shots? :D

Well, even if Henry can't make it for some reason or other, the wife & I will be there.

10. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA

I'm there!! My wife is going to be in PA that weekend so I'm on my own the 23rd!! We can meet at my pad and go from there,, I'll see if Jeff will want to go...

11. Heck yeah! That'll be awesome! more the merrier, good people, good cause. (hopefully, good music. :smug: )

Mon

12. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Mon who's on the bill besides TCS? You using the 610?

13. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    My band is doing a double header on Sept 24th. We're playing Old Home Day in Townsend, MA 12-3PM and then we're playing the Shriner's Rodeo at the Shriner's Hall in Wilmington, MA 8PM-1AM.

Check us out at www.tracilynne.com

14. The other bands on the bill:

Of the hour (floyd meets radiohead, they're fantastic)
    Jediah (DMB meets coldplay, also fantastic)
    Trebek is the openner, and I don't know of them yet, but looking forward to them.

Sorry for the generalisations for the bands sound-wise, just trying to get you in the ballpark.

And of COURSE I'm using the 610. Gotta make some low-end on that stage, right? (you know what I'm sayin?) ;) :bassist:

15. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    Here's some shows over the next few weeks:

Thursdays 9/15 and 9/29 Night Train at Vincent on Suffolk St. in Worcester 10 PM no cover

Friday 9/30 J Place Band at Next Page Cafe in Weymouth 9:15 PM no cover

Friday 10/7 Tarbox Ramblers at Johnny D's at Davis Square in Somerville 9 PM

Saturday 10/8 Two Tone Pony at Jake's Dixie BBQ on Moody St. in Waltham 10 PM no cover

16. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA

Hey Mon you want to head to Vincents on the 29th for this show?

I wish I had a gigging band :(

17. I sure do Funkster, and I was thinking about the 15th too. I like Vincent's alot. Great atmosphere, vintage taxidermy... ;) , a great jukebox, awesome food (Brian, try the "gobbler" if it's on the menu.)

Brian, I didn't know you were in Night Train...I've heard good things. Looking forward to it.

18. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I wish I could do the 15th bro but we got a new player comming down for the new band this Thurs and we got to take care of business.. The 29th is a def though I already put in on the calender, Well go a little early and grab a Bite! I have also heard good things about NT I been trying to get out to see one of Brians bands for two years this will be a treat!

19. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    Damn, Brian, we've traveled in some of the same circles! I was in the Boston blues scene for a bit and have played with members of Night Train and Tarbox Ramblers in different guises, pickups, fill-ins, etc.

I played with George Leh off and on for nine years, so you cross a whole bunch of guys' paths!

I'll see if I can catch any of your shows!

20. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    Night Train is more a loose collective than a real band. Troy Gonyea started it with his friends Mark Stevens, Jeff Berg and Tim Brown as an off-night side project. Pretty soon Troy and Mark started getting serious road gigs and they faded out of the band.

Right now it's just Jeff singing and playing either guitar or bass (depending on who else is lined up to play that night) and Tim on drums. Sometimes neither Tim or Jeff are there if they have other gigs! They have a rotation of local blues pros filling out the band. It's usually a trio, sometimes a quartet.

I get called now and then because I used to play in bands with JB and Troy years ago.