Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Post your digi-cam short flicks!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by yoshi, Sep 18, 2003.

1. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Evenin' all, my bro has a digital camera and I've been meaning to have a go with it for some time. I found it has a 'film' setting so took a clip about 20seconds long of our chameleon eating a mealworm. I had to cut it down to about 2 seconds though as filesize was massiff :/

Anyone else wanna post short video clips to share?

-sorry about the cr+p quality, I had to cut size and colours down big time so it'd be small enough to post. I think it's because each frame is saved as a bmp though :/

2. wow

thats friggin awesome!

lets see some more of the lizard! :D

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    THATS SO COOL

4. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    How did you make it a .gif? :confused:

5. if you e-mail me that flick to me at kjarri@the-bass.net, I can put it up on my ftp server and post it here... would be cool to see it in better quality(and more seconds). :)

:D awesome!

6. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    ..erm..

I cant fulyl remember, I think just opened the "cham_eating.AVI" file into the jasc gif animator (included with paintshop) and it opened it as a number of frames then just save that. You can also open the gif with flash to have each cell shown in a flash frame, gunna make a slow-mo-bullet time thing if I can :D

I'll get the bigger video, size and filesize on its way to that address.

7. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Hah, nice one! Thanks by the way!

I'll get some more short clips of other stuff over the week, any sugegstions/requests?