Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Post your EQ settings here…

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bigfeet, Dec 15, 2001.

1. We’ve had a few of these in the past but people change their minds allot and we have a few new members, besides I like talking about tone…

I set my basses’ preamps flat using the balance knob to taste and use my heads for tone shaping to keep things consistent and use a Voodoo Labs amp switcher to switch between my two preamps…

On my Ampeg SVT-3 Pro:
    - Set my gain to 3:30 and tube gain to 11:00; keep bass and treble flat, set mid frequency to #1 (220Hz) and set it at 3:30.
    - I assign my graphic eq to boost 80Hz +4dB, 150Hz +5dB and 8kHz +5dB. And cut 900Hz –3dB and 2kHz -1dB. Using a graphic eq took a little getting used to; I still prefer parametric eqs though. I use to use a smiley face EQ before I discovered I prefer using the low-mid and bass frequencies when just messing around on the bass by myself.

On my Ampeg SVP-BSP:
    - On the clean channel I set gain to 3:30, bass to 3:00, treble to 2:30, keep mid flat and use the pull out the compressor (on).
    - On the Overdrive channel I set gain to “hard drive” 3:45, bass to 3:45, mid frequency to 12:30 (about 550Hz) and level to 8:00, treble to 3:30 and keep the tweeter level on my cab pretty low to avoid harsh noises.

2. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Settings on my EBS Taurus:

Bass at 1 o'clock, mids at 12, treble at 1, bright (which is a boost-only, 7-10 kHz treble filter) at 8 or 9 (i.e. a just little boost).

So you could say I have a slight smiley-face, nothing out of the ordinary really. Works great. :)

3. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    PDX
    More or less flat most of the time for fingerstyle, any major EQ boost just accentuates the crappiness of my Ibanez GSR-200. :p I'll add some lows if I slap.

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

On my Eden, everything is flat, except for a 2dB boost on the mids.

On my SWR, bass and treble are flat, mids are boosted 8dB.

5. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    Well, the EQ on my bass is as follows:
    Bass: 7
    Mid: 9-10
    Treble: 5