Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Post your favorite Net Kook!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Dave Grossman, Feb 9, 2006.

1. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    What is a net kook?

-Mike

2. Snarf

Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
  3. I don't know if this is a kook, but I love this:

http://www.dhmo.org/

none of it is a lie, it's all true

:D

4. Absolutely. I stopped drinking anything with dihydrogen monoxide after reading that. Now I only drink Mountain Dew.

It's about time the government did something about this danger. The industries that use dihydrogen monoxide would never stand for that though and of course the government is in the back pocket of big industry.

- Dave

5. NO! You must get the Mountain Dew out, that's full of it! :D

Perhaps I should get the UN on this one.

6. They're not a kook because their site is accurate. :D

- Dave

7. indeed!

I now understand.

8. irjason

irjason Supporting Member

Nov 17, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    This guy is as crazy as they get. Check out some of his "music". Click on "SSL+dISKZ". Also notice how he talks about himself in the 3rd person.
    http://www.shinnnesunliquid.com/py/py.htm

9. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    "Nothing Can Move in Spacetime! By Definition!"

i'll bring that up in my modern physics class. :rolleyes:

also: "Some, like Hawking, Wheeler and Feynman, are venerated by the physics community and are considered by many to be among the most brilliant scientific minds that ever lived."

interesting side note: my professors from this school year are a name away from feynman and wheeler (one a postdoc of the former, another a grad student of the latter). :eek: :eek: :eek:

(wheeler is the guy who came up with the term "black hole.")

10. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Pshaw, amateurs, all.

Feast your eyes on this.

Edit: Ok, that David Icke guy is freaky.

11. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca

i hope this guy doesn't take himself seriously. i only have a little bit more training in relativity than an interested layperson, but it's easy to spot that he set the value of c = 1, with a unit of velocity. and then he complains about the unit being missing from the theory, while he himself neglected the unit!

that's some mighty good kookery. (reminds me of high school physics. :ninja: )

12. Eh, he looks like a faker. I see a lot of Time Cube guy in him. It may be a subtle (or obvious, I didn't look too hard) parody. Parodies don't count. Only real kooks.

I'm surprised nobody has brought up Fridge Magnet Guy.

- Dave

13. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Scotland